When Worlds Collide... GCs and MPs...

3 minute read time.

Hey I think this one might be really short (faint swooon) there's a novelty for you! This is about tomorrow really but first:

Today I blew my bag off!

Literally... too many beans and lentils and that and a stomach ache all week culminated in Little My just stepping out of the staffroom to go to her first lesson of the day when... grumble grumble parp! and she blew her bag off... !! diarrhoea and all ! It was quite spectacular and of course her sausages got so excited they popped out to have a look at the event too. (sorry if you were eating your dinner, but I was impressed i have to say... wow! Never knew you could do that... or ewwww depending if you are a scatophile or not)

Try explaining that to a class of 16 year olds who are wondering why you are late for their lesson....

Anyway, that was today.  Oh I forgot. Something else... I had a long talk with my boss about my idiot colleagues and he was talking about fighting and do we die fighting (big metaphor type stuff) and I said, well it might be a bit more literal in my case cos depending on how this cancer lark goes,  I may just die fighting (and not in the metaphorical sense) and if I do, then I want to make sure I am bothering to fight the right fight and not waste my time on rubbish and then I told him Hilary's spoon theory thingy and said that sitting in stupid meetings with those idiots cost me a spoon or two and was it worth it... ?and I was thinking what I could use that spoon for instead such as fighting a battle worthy of  a spoon...

Suffice to say... He got the message and something will be done about them  you will be glad to hear. ...

Now tomorrow... is surreal and a collision of worlds... I wrote something once before (as did sunny) about these other worlds we inhabit... the cancer 'patient' world and the other world of work and non cancer and all that and how we lead double lives sometimes and  tomorrow is a wonderful concatonation of events!

I go to the cancer hospital tomorrow for my check up with GC. (I am just a little nervous of course cos who wouldn't be when you go every 4 weeks to see if its growing or not...) I am hoping the will say all is ok and I get to stay away for longer than 4 weeks  at a time now.... and that they have written to the surgeon about the operation  cos I still haven't heard yet. But not too fussed as long as its not bad news cos seeing GC's shiny face is a bit of a treat on a dull day... just wish you didn't have to pay with blood.... hmmm anyway...  So I get up and go off on the long drive for blood tests and for GC to stick his finger up my arse and the ouch sorry conversation we always have and all that fun stuff.... Oh and the new thrill of will it be FC or GC ooooh! Place your bets...

Rolos at the ready either way...

And then I get in my car and drive straight to a posh  'do' where I have to make small talk with Estelle Morris (!) and other MPs and the Mayor and such people at a grand opening thing to do with our school. (Somewhere inbetween i have to get changed cos I don't really want to turn up to GC in a posh frock ha ha... or maybe i should... snigger snigger... Hiyaaaaah gorgeous...!!  what's that noise? Oh its GC running for his life.... )

If she asks me what I have been doing today... . I am soooo tempted to say Having a finger shoved up my arse to see if my tumour is growing again or not.

We got a list of things to don't say to dignitaries... there was no mention of arses and cancer on there........

If I have not been arrested, see you tomorrow night my dears

Weird day here we come... and there has to be a blog out of tomorrow eh?

Little Myx

ps certain friends of mine are having a jolly rotten time of it  so the gin is out today.... chin chin my dears....

Anonymous
  •  As cancer and arses are not on the list of what to say to big wigs and you being you it does not bode well still it will be a change for the MP to have something other than the usual polite conversation however I hope she doesn't turn out to be a head tilt sort of person.I am sure you know to stay away from the windy foods prior meeting and I hope baggy and sausages behave themselves

GOOD LUCK will be thinking of you

Chrisxxxxxxxxx {aka scratchem/scrotum etc} 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning you lot... once again what a lovely way to wake up .. to all those messages!

Lesley, yes that was short! I usually supply interval drinks and snacks and have a St Bernard trawling the blog for those that fall along the way with reviving brandy etc... think of this one as training!

Just looked at the clock and haven't got time to answer you all now cos I've got to go to Cancerworld. All the blood , pills and doctors you could wish for in one handy store...

Anyway, for now thanks for hugs and good lucks and spoons... will let you know how I get on later... imagine... 2 events to talk about... that's gotta be a least 10 pages so I would suggest you all have a good rest today in preparation and I'll get Bernard brandied up...

See you later (I hope) and bug hugs to you all

Little My xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi LM,

Well guess you are already on your way to see GC or FC by now.

Sorry to hear about the exploding bag event, I can recall every single one of mine quite clearly, hmmmph! Really glad you sat down with boss and put things straight, you migh have gathered I was a tad angry before at your idiot colleagues, so well done for taking control. If this current action doesn't work with them then get your bag to explode over them.

How lovely to be having a posh do with lots of posh knobs, I do hope you will tell the truth to them, and I look forward to hearing if Estelle Morris is a head tilter, somehow I fear she will be.

Have a smashing day, well I mean good luck this morning and have a great 2nd half! I won't see your blog until tomorrow as I am out with friends tonight, so chin, chin indeed!

Tight Lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh dear. I remember Estelle Morris as a BIG HEAD TILTER! In fact she always has her head on one side when she is talking to somebody.

Well I think you are being a bit silly using spoons for those nomark colleagues. We need those ourselves. Personally I'd think about using knives and forks!

Now I hope you wore posh frock for GC/FC. They deserve to see you looking your best. I always make an effort when I see anyone medical as

1 I am kicking arse, and showing that I am NOT ill

2 It always makes me feel more confident and able to ask questions

3 I adore my doc

Which brings me to subject of consultant adoration. Yes, we want a longer space between checks, but its also strange going longer and longer without seeing them. I have a Christmas treat lined up as I see mine just before, after a 6month gap. I know I will be devastated when I no longer see him.

Hope that baggy behaves for Estelle, but then she is used to dealing with shite every day.....and I remember her being Minister for Education!

Off to Chatsworth tomorrow with my girly friends, yeah! AND I have been given job of sorting our weekend away next year...looking at a couple of places in Welshpool at mo!

Have fun xxxxxx