THe Big Move (including things that shouldn't ha ha)

3 minute read time.

Helloooooooooo!

I am sat in the staffroom with my laptop and pretending to look busy and studious. Guess I did well managing 3 days without you all....

This is going to have to be short cos I am at work and can't type for long (hoorah you lot say)

What bugs me is I can't see what you lot have been up to or say hi to most of you without going through some long rigmarole of looking up each of you individually. Ho hum.

So, the big move.....

Actaully for Little My and her chaotic life, it went very smoothly. The only things that got broke were a bowl and me. ha ha.

Nice removal men turned up early (!) worked their socks off drank lots of tea and shifted everything from our crazy house on a vertical hill to our dirty bungalow.

P and the cats were safely ensconsed in the new house to clean and Little My came back to the old house to help the men. Pulling out cupboards, there were lots of scary spiders and dust balls and it seems all those mice we thought the cats had killed were actually living it up with the moths under the bookcases.... So Little My starts to clean and move some boxes etc to help and (you know what is coming I didn't!)

Hmmm baggy feels a bit sore... Better have a look. Oh dear. Seems baggy has been telling the intestines crowd tales of what the world looks like as he can now see outside the bowels of the body and they are getting jealous and want to have a look and move house  too.... so they popped out to say hi and have a look at the house with no furniture in and the spiders...

So, today of all days, I can't go to a hospital so what do I do. Removal men are shouting up the stairs where do you want this etc and Little My is on the phone to the stoma nurse saying my intestines are hanging out what do I do? No answer- gone on holiday. I poked them back in (euch) and then alternative nice nurse who is standing in for dippy nurse phoned and it was a bit like one of those disaster films where they talk an idiot down flying a plane... so she talked me down what to do and told me that I wasn't to lift anything at all ever etc for at least 2 weeks and if I did as she said I might get away without going to hospital etc... Grrrr.

So Little My who likes to do stuff etc has to stand and watch and direct people and not move anything at all aaarrrggghhh!

And I know, I know, you told me so and all that...  and P keeps shouting at me if I try and lift anything.

So we are in the house. It has 50 years of nicotine stains on the walls and floors and ceilings and old lady lampshades etc but it will be lovely.

We didn't get a takeaway or drink gin, but we did go to the pub for dinner ha ha !

THe cats hid for a day behind a cardboard box despite the pheromones but are daring to come out now

No internet yet and I am looking at the light so I can talk to you lot more.

Everyone is coming in and asking me questions and my colleague has just come in and sat next to me and is looking to see what I am doing.... its getting tricky so gotta go....

Love you all lots and take care. I am reading and sympathising etc even if I can't comment

Love you, bug hug

Little My xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just doing a bit of catching up. Big sis is not pleased that you were doing too much. Just because your lovely consultant tells you all that good news does not mean that you can behave in the way you did pre-baggie! Hope you could hear me shouting above P, who is going to be falling out with you BIG TIME and with reason if you don't behave.

You will be pleased that I have pristine walls, and also had to shift a few cobwebs from behind furniture, but at least no big spiders, as I'm not overkeen.

Ann, been trying to find if you've updated and cos I couldn't see any activity I have been thinking about you. Take care, and I hope news on Mags is that it is just a blip and can be sorted.

LM is the digestive system on this term's syllabus? Can just see it in The Sun and The Mirror

" CLASS PASS OUT AS TEACHER REVEALS HER INTESTINES"

I know you like to provide interesting lessons, but asking your class to put you back together again is not a good idea....though it would stick in their memories well!

Adios

xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Ha ha that is class (pardon the pun) Louise!

Little My a bit of advice for you... Be careful if you are making a cooked breakfast, might put the wrong sausages in the frying pan...sizzle.......

By the way I hope I can have your support, I'm fishing a big competition on Saturday at Solihull where I am representing the county of Avon (team of 5). My team will be fishing against 45 other teams for the top prize of £10,000, winner takes all! It is a long shot for my team to win the match as only one of us (not me) has ever seen the lakes before and so we don't have the local knowledge. However, I look at it as a great day out and am not thinking about the money (well not much), especially as a year ago I couldn't fish whilst suffering from radio therapy bottom burn! Plus back then I didn't know if I'd still be around, you now how the mind works. Not looking forward to getting up at 5:30 am Sat though, lol!

Bye for now rat fans!

Tight lines

Tim xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Tim, good luck for the fishing competition. Is it being this hot good or bad for the fish? Solihull about an hours journey from here. Its dead posh round there, home to football managers, consultants, lawyers etc! Don't forget your cap and factor 50.

Tight lines xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh Joe, so nice to hear from you... I've missed you and Ruby. Hope you start to feel a bit better soon from that rotten ol chemo.

Sunny, keeping fingers crossed for Mags - got a scan date yet?

Sensible and good? fat chance I am afraid.. but am being a bit more careful about not lifting heavy things... it is a little disconcerting when your intestines start hanging out if you pick up something heavy so I am actuallly trying not to... I am that daft that I need something that bad to stop me.... ah well.

Tim, we haven't got a cooker yet so living off takeways so no danger of the wrong sausages ha ha Ouch! I expect a share of the prize money for crossing things for you on Saturday.

A bit like Steve (where is he by the way?) He  goes on about football and I get bored but I do love him so wish him well in his kicking endeavours... You go on about fishing and I get bored, but I do love you so i wish you well in your fish murdering endeavours (or do you put them back?)

Seriously, I do wish you luck and I know that feeling of being able to sit and do stuff you couldn't cos of the burnt bum... I was very excited when i could sit on a wooden bench outside again.... solihull isn't that far from me either (actually neither is Bristol) I think a few regional get togethers might be in order till we can do the big one.

So good to be able to chat to you all again... I have missed you. Too tired to do a big blog tonight so this will have to do for now (and warped)

I hope we can all start finding eachother again soon

Love you

Little My xxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sorry, i typed a bit to stinker and lost it somewhere... hmmmm.

I did hear you shouting Stinker...and  sorry Big sis, I know, I know, blah blah but it just doesn't work somehow..... I think this is why i never got ill before. It doesn't suit me and I guess it had to be a biggy to make me stop so for some reason it needs somethings as big as my innards falling out to make me realise that I can' tlift big stuff.. but even then I try and sneak things like painting the walls with a small brush etc... No hope I am afraid but ... We had a tug of war at school today and my class wanted me to help them.and  I did decline and told them they would see my intestines if I tried ha  ha . Haven't got them out yet in class but I guess it might shut them up next time they are being silly snigger....

Big hug xxxxxxx