Postcard from Sweden

6 minute read time.

Having a lovely time, wish you were here.

Love Little My

Oh, how you wish it could be that short!! Bad luck, stock up on food and drink, it’s actually 4 days worth- I’d do your teeth and get into bed if I was you, lets face it, it’s going to be long...

Hi there... are you missing me?

Who’s that? I hear you say... Little My? Who is she?

I know, ye of chemo brains... easily forgotten....

Anyway, thought I would give you a little update as one afternoon is a long enough blog to kill half of you, so 4 days worth... hmmm better be careful here....

So, got to Scotland and nearly behaved through the new inlaw’s dinner... apparently they had been worrying about getting dressed up and putting on tablecloths (on the table, not themselves) and sweeping the path etc and I was thinking, are they expecting the queen? cos this is Little My coming...  Anyway, nearly managed to behave...brother pulled my plate away as I was serving up veg so spilt them all over the tablecloth and then I poured gravy and it went down my knife and onto the tablecloth... oh dear but I did stay off the coke and fizzy stuff and politely did the “thanks” with the “I am sure you are cured now, cos you look sooooo well” comments.

I must be a bl**dy picture of absolutely radiant health the amount of people who tell me how well I look... I should be on the front cover of Sante or Good Health or something... the rest of my life, people have been telling me how sh*t I look.. hmmm what is going on here...? Beginning to wonder- either they are just being nice, or cancer somehow has the ability to make you look more well than well people....

Went to pub quiz and won their team a point with the answer ‘condom’- proud of me?

Got 3 hours sleep and then off the Edinburgh airport. They checked my bag of bags (she sniggered) but not me, so phew, sofas and Volvo souvenirs are safe....

Bag didn’t blow up or anything on the plane... it was a complete non event and I was very disappointed. I did however discover that cancer seems to trump ‘fear of dying with flying’ as usually I get on a plane and think, oh... so these are the people I am going to die with... but I didn’t this time as for some reason, I am feeling remarkably alive at the moment! Guess it is because I am (alive that is) and there was a time not so very long ago when I wasn’t sure I would be alive and here so I feel very very alive and happy.... and the plane did not scare me at all... (bigger more real fears faced and laughed in the face of perhaps? I don’t know, I’m not a psychologist...just a little my having a giggle with her family)

Waved at Sunny Leith that wasn’t sunny cos it was 5am and dark.... a few sillies, but can’t tell you it all or I might blow up the site with too many words (and your brains)

Now safely ensconced in Sweden. Me and baggy had our first swim in the sea... bl**dy freezing it was, but it was bl**dy worth it!

I think you lot would like my aunt (mum) as your doctor. (she is one, a doctor, I mean- not just another loony) I asked her if it was good for me (swimming in cold sea) as me and baggy were having second thoughts about it and baggy was trying to beat a retreat up to the house and the sofa and we are inseperable at the moment so where he goes, I go. Hang on a minute, how come he's a he? shouldn't he be a girl? Oh well.. too late now... anyway....

Her reply was “I think it is more good for the soul, than the body, and we can go in and warm up with gin and tonics or hot chocolate afterwards so lets do it.”

So, swam and then had both to be on the safe side and a nice big dinner too and I remembered that I like food again hoorah!

They have the most comfortable huge corner sofa in the world and we have nicknamed it The Sofa of Doom as once you are on it, you will never get up again... anyway, brother has decided that I shouldn’t be allowed to play the cancer card too much and hog the sofa, as they are tucking me in with blankets etc (so sweet) and he is getting jealous.  Max (son) asked me what my cancer card looked like when brother told me to use it- thinking it was a real one (so sweet) so he is now making illustrated ‘sofa cards’ We get 2 each for the holiday that can be played at any time when you want to get out of washing up or something and you are allowed to lie on the sofa...

Actually, I hear Sunny is getting rather good at washing up, and cleaning etc so might save mine and get her over here instead... I am going to make a  cancer card now to trump them all if there is a huge pile of washing up to do. Wondering what to draw on it. Ideas? an incredibly healthy looking person?

Missing you lot, and hoping you are all doing ok. Don’t want to rub it in, but I am so so happy and I even forgot about my liver for a whole day today. I even forgot I had cancer for quite a while this morning too, except that I got out of breath which reminded me. Get a little frustrated at my lack of energy and realising that running round the theme park  screaming like a loony might be out this year, but otherwise loving being here....and Maccy –move-mores will be delighted in my swimming (well, bobbing about not being able to breathe cos of the cold but trying) Waiting for the hot and sunny weather to arrive so I can swim and breathe at the same time- discovered that it is quite useful to do that...!. (we get your weather, so get rid of that rain will you?)

Will stop now so I don’t bore you too much and will send another postcard soon. Just to say there are lots of giggles and silliness and love here and wish you could be here to share it with me.

Lots of love to you all... I do worry about you all- are you ok?

Stor stor kram  from Sweden and reviving beers on tap.

Lilla My xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Auntie Little My

Sooooooooooooo glad you are having a wonderful time. The sofa of doom sounds quite appealing and as for those cards can i have a few?

Hope you continue to have a wonderful time!

(Oh Disney was fab! Will send you my name in a PM so you can take a look on FB)

Have Fun!

Tiggs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Hedgehog, sorry tigghogg... glad you are back safe and sound.... did you get a photo with Mickey???? I hope so! Did you scream on the rides??? I hope so!

Yeah, sounds like I have a niece now too.. The My family grows.. get in!!

Will do you a sofa card... I think every house should have a sofa card system

Auntie My xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey little sis

Glad your family is growing, and water warmer. Everything is on the up!

My youngest son was 16 when I became ill. Really tough on him with exams and Uni application to deal with. What ever gets our kids through this is what matters....always think its harder for those around us because we tend to become selfish and self-obsessed, and they find it difficult to know the right thing to do....because its always wrong! Anyway cancer cards, sofa cards, son of cancer sufferer cards are all valid.

Don't have too much coke....oh heck, have as much as you want! You won't need a flotation device when swimming then. LOL

Love big sis xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

continue sending the epic updates, love to read them....though find it hard to know what to answer sometimes!! Enjoy!Peanutx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

That was perfect, Peanut! Just knowing you are there and reading is more than enough to make a Little My happy.

xxxx