January, February don't you come around....

5 minute read time.

Realised I had not done a blog in ages and ages so thought I had better update things a little bit cos my life is getting busy! So I will try and be brief cos I am attempting to show you my calendar for the next few months....

Ok deep breath.... and January (only 5 days left  so shouldn't take long)

Remember that course I said I would sign up for if I was to live to fight another day....? Well, the next step is that i have to visit and teach at a different school to my own. As you may recall, I teach in a bit of a hippy school with our own curriculum and we use first names and the kids don't wear uniforms and we teach our thing and not the national curriculum. So, tomorrow I am being sent off to a local secondary school. eeeek.

Little My is a scruff bag. Little My does not own shoes that can be polished or dresses or work clothes. I wear jeans to school and wooly jumpers and my inconclusive clog type shoes or big furry boots.

I got an email saying the deputy head will show me round tomorrow morning and discuss my needs. Needs?

Coffee and an escape plan? and perhaps a biscuit to keep me going in the tunnel?

Oh , sorry... those sorts of teachery type needs... hmmm.

As you may have realised, i can't do sensible and tomorrow I have to go to a proper grown up sensible school with kids in uniforms and pretend to be sensible and ask sensible questions and be called Miss and wear sensible proper clothes which is proving quite a challenge..... I don't have any.

My boss was laughing and teasing me yesterday saying Where are your stilettos?

I am scared and I know I am going to snigger and say something inappropriate and it will all be embarrassing. Oh dear. Then again, maybe I can cheer them up? Oh dear. This could be where the course fails.... Oh I might get some tumble weed too cos when we start looking at the calendar for days I can go and teach... the C word is going to come out hahaaaaaaa!

So that's tomorrow. Then back to school for more meetings cos we love having them don't we boys and girls.

February

I am then going to Cantebury for a weekend training thingy to do with this course ont he 10th Feb. . Two of the annoying people from my ghastly retreat are going too.... Luckily the other 2 are fun. I will hide and get on here if I can.

The weekend after that I am taking my class to Devon for a week of camping in yurts and doing hearty outdoorsy type things.It is at an eco sort of centre but a very special place where I have some great friends and where my son stayed while I was having my treatment and was loved so much by others on my behalf when i couldn't be there....  We have to take an extra person to look after one of our 'challenged' pupils so I volunteered Max (my son) and school fell for it so he gets paid to spend a week with me and his other 'family'  Get IN!!!!!! I went there this time last year when I had just been diagnosed but didn't know what or how yet. That was wierd. I had to go off for a scan on one of the days. Max and I had lots of conversations then about life and death etc cos at the beginning they thought I may be a gonna very soon. Sod that for a game of soldiers so here I am a year later still fighting like a girl and back down there. Hooorah!

And into March...

When I get back,  I have to go for my pre operation assessment. 2nd.

The week after that is GC day Rolos at the ready and everything crossed he doesn't find anything. 9th (that is also my cancerversary of camera up the bum lady saying oh that's certainly abnormal ,Keep positive.. they can do a lot with radiotherpy these days... and then the nurse saying This is Little My she's just had to some bad news.. Ah I out 2 and 2 together and made cancer.... !)

The week after that is my operation to say bye to baggy and have my bum 'stretched' ouch. 16th

i week in hospital  and into April.. home for

6 weeks of daily dressing changes with nurses and no lifting etc

Then its my birthday hahaaaaa  (and P promised me kittens for my birthday last year but I didn't get them cos I was in hospital so he promised them for this year.. eeeeeeee! kittens she said in a high pitched squeak!

May

Assuming it all heals up properly... Then get to lift stuff again and swim again  whoooo hoooo and hope to god that I am not incontinent as GC thinks I will be, cos that will mean another operation to put baggy back again... get to poo again !

June

Then get married  (brown or whilte wedding dress may depend on the above :D ) Need to set a date but I am guessing May/June.

Then all the big scary scans and tests for the year anniversary and checking scary livers and the time it is most likely to come back.... but also the time when if it hasn't the odds shift in my favour quite a bit. I listen to the odds when they are in my favour... I am currently studiously ignoring them... :D   

Then take my class to Sweden whatever GC says.. for swimming in the sea and fun. Even if it has come back it can all damn well wait a couple of weeks for fun in the sun in Viking land....

and its the summer. :) and fun stuff :)

I can't have cancer, I am too busy..... ! 

I also have persuaded myself that I need a new shiny thing in the form of an iphone that works in Cantebury and Devon and hospital and Sweden so better go shopping eh?

I'll let you know about the day out with the normals tomorrow....

Little My xxx

ps are you impressed? I was wondering if I might use up all the words so tried to be really really succinct. Not bad eh? Bernard St bernard is trawling the blog with brandy anyway... cos you lot are alcies oh how do you spell that? alchies? al... hmmm.....  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Muuuuuuumsy! Shouts Little My running across the rooom and flattening you with a big hug. So lovely to hear from you... we missed you.

You are always in my thoughts too even if you are not on here... 2 very busy people!

Glad you got your wellies hehe. and your tenas and that I can still make you giggle.

When I find out the schedule, I'll let you know but the last I heard it was full on all day and evening too so may not get to escape. Maybe you can sneak over at some point or something.. I think we are at the university but don't even know that yet!!

Off to read your blog.

biggest hug to you (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((mumsy/dave/fac)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hey Little My

Hurray for you and all your energy. Thank you. I was laughing out loud when I read your blog. (But also so full of admiration. ( I would rather eat broken glass than go back to teaching in a normal secondary school!)

And keep wearing your clogs and please just BE YOU. 

Wedding eh? Ooooooo. So exciting.

Must go. Have to make a birthday cake or rather practise some cup cakes for husband's birthday next week-end.

Hugs.

Little Jen X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey there my fellow Little Person! Trouble is, i don''t actually really have the energy for all of it, but I try to keep enough for the fun bits at least....

I will always wear my silly shoes and be me, cos lets face it, putting on an act lasts about 2 mins with me and then I snigger and give the game away....

Oh and you made me nervous now.... is it that bad ????? eeek. Better had wear by clogs so I can throw them at people!

I am so impressed at you baking cup cakes and that. I find baking a complete mystery and something to be marvelled at. Don't say it too loudly though as there are a lot of cake lovers on this site and before you know it, someone will be saying 'Did I hear the word cake? where's mine?' etc. Exp. Hilary. She does not deserve any cos of Barbara.

Oh and if you ever want a laugh, go back in time.. there are pages and pages of silly blogs....

Hugs back to you too

Little My x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Little My, you are so unique that you will sail through everything and come out shining ! Have the wedding of your dreams ....... even in denim and clogs if that's what you want. After all, it's meant to be to be yours and P's special Day - just enjoy !

So no more worries about schools, hospitals and scans because they are just inconveniences that will be done and dusted - kaput and out of the way. Like I said, you will shine through !

Love, Joycee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Joycee, you are such a special lady... you always put a smile on my face!

I hope you will be raising a glass of guiness on my big day (cheap excuse!)

Oh and don't look at Hilary's link! You need to be un-traumatised for Freya :)

Big hug to you xxxxxxxxx