January, February don't you come around....

5 minute read time.

Realised I had not done a blog in ages and ages so thought I had better update things a little bit cos my life is getting busy! So I will try and be brief cos I am attempting to show you my calendar for the next few months....

Ok deep breath.... and January (only 5 days left  so shouldn't take long)

Remember that course I said I would sign up for if I was to live to fight another day....? Well, the next step is that i have to visit and teach at a different school to my own. As you may recall, I teach in a bit of a hippy school with our own curriculum and we use first names and the kids don't wear uniforms and we teach our thing and not the national curriculum. So, tomorrow I am being sent off to a local secondary school. eeeek.

Little My is a scruff bag. Little My does not own shoes that can be polished or dresses or work clothes. I wear jeans to school and wooly jumpers and my inconclusive clog type shoes or big furry boots.

I got an email saying the deputy head will show me round tomorrow morning and discuss my needs. Needs?

Coffee and an escape plan? and perhaps a biscuit to keep me going in the tunnel?

Oh , sorry... those sorts of teachery type needs... hmmm.

As you may have realised, i can't do sensible and tomorrow I have to go to a proper grown up sensible school with kids in uniforms and pretend to be sensible and ask sensible questions and be called Miss and wear sensible proper clothes which is proving quite a challenge..... I don't have any.

My boss was laughing and teasing me yesterday saying Where are your stilettos?

I am scared and I know I am going to snigger and say something inappropriate and it will all be embarrassing. Oh dear. Then again, maybe I can cheer them up? Oh dear. This could be where the course fails.... Oh I might get some tumble weed too cos when we start looking at the calendar for days I can go and teach... the C word is going to come out hahaaaaaaa!

So that's tomorrow. Then back to school for more meetings cos we love having them don't we boys and girls.

February

I am then going to Cantebury for a weekend training thingy to do with this course ont he 10th Feb. . Two of the annoying people from my ghastly retreat are going too.... Luckily the other 2 are fun. I will hide and get on here if I can.

The weekend after that I am taking my class to Devon for a week of camping in yurts and doing hearty outdoorsy type things.It is at an eco sort of centre but a very special place where I have some great friends and where my son stayed while I was having my treatment and was loved so much by others on my behalf when i couldn't be there....  We have to take an extra person to look after one of our 'challenged' pupils so I volunteered Max (my son) and school fell for it so he gets paid to spend a week with me and his other 'family'  Get IN!!!!!! I went there this time last year when I had just been diagnosed but didn't know what or how yet. That was wierd. I had to go off for a scan on one of the days. Max and I had lots of conversations then about life and death etc cos at the beginning they thought I may be a gonna very soon. Sod that for a game of soldiers so here I am a year later still fighting like a girl and back down there. Hooorah!

And into March...

When I get back,  I have to go for my pre operation assessment. 2nd.

The week after that is GC day Rolos at the ready and everything crossed he doesn't find anything. 9th (that is also my cancerversary of camera up the bum lady saying oh that's certainly abnormal ,Keep positive.. they can do a lot with radiotherpy these days... and then the nurse saying This is Little My she's just had to some bad news.. Ah I out 2 and 2 together and made cancer.... !)

The week after that is my operation to say bye to baggy and have my bum 'stretched' ouch. 16th

i week in hospital  and into April.. home for

6 weeks of daily dressing changes with nurses and no lifting etc

Then its my birthday hahaaaaa  (and P promised me kittens for my birthday last year but I didn't get them cos I was in hospital so he promised them for this year.. eeeeeeee! kittens she said in a high pitched squeak!

May

Assuming it all heals up properly... Then get to lift stuff again and swim again  whoooo hoooo and hope to god that I am not incontinent as GC thinks I will be, cos that will mean another operation to put baggy back again... get to poo again !

June

Then get married  (brown or whilte wedding dress may depend on the above :D ) Need to set a date but I am guessing May/June.

Then all the big scary scans and tests for the year anniversary and checking scary livers and the time it is most likely to come back.... but also the time when if it hasn't the odds shift in my favour quite a bit. I listen to the odds when they are in my favour... I am currently studiously ignoring them... :D   

Then take my class to Sweden whatever GC says.. for swimming in the sea and fun. Even if it has come back it can all damn well wait a couple of weeks for fun in the sun in Viking land....

and its the summer. :) and fun stuff :)

I can't have cancer, I am too busy..... ! 

I also have persuaded myself that I need a new shiny thing in the form of an iphone that works in Cantebury and Devon and hospital and Sweden so better go shopping eh?

I'll let you know about the day out with the normals tomorrow....

Little My xxx

ps are you impressed? I was wondering if I might use up all the words so tried to be really really succinct. Not bad eh? Bernard St bernard is trawling the blog with brandy anyway... cos you lot are alcies oh how do you spell that? alchies? al... hmmm.....  

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

It was Hilary wot done it Tessa! I am with you.... NOOOOOOOO! :D

Write the pithy thing... it might help erase that image...

Oh and Jackie, steal that phrase anytime you like! and I might need to borrow that velvet gown from you for my wedding dress hehe.

Oh and Tim... honeymoon? I am marrying a man who hates holidays and won't leave home and the other things you do on a honeymoon are not currently possible thanks to a certain RT machine shall we say... so I suspect it will be back home curled up with the cats as usual.... actually that sounds perfect to me :)

I just said to P how about the end of May time... post op, pre scans scary check ups and hopefully post op enough to not be shitting myself all the time... He said sounds lovely. So thats that. Just got to decide how now... me in a big white dress and heels just isn't gonna happen!

Love to you all xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya

Glad you survived the trip to see the normals and that you went as 'you' 'cos keeping up pretences for a longer period would be toooooooo much! Teaching is putting on an act anyway...pretending you are not quaking in your boots at being faced with a class of neanderthals, and that you are a fantastic teacher (which of course you are m'dear)

Skipped the You- tube stuff as I know how much you like sharing smutty stuff. Visuals is too much.

Now the wedding.....marquee in the nearby field (so that P does not have to go far), all guests to provide a dish or plate of food, clogs or wellies and dress from one of these ethnic shops. You can hire a bar for the marquee, and have a string quartet/rock band/ drum and bass group to provide music for the ceremony and afterwards. Now haven't I been a fab MOH....SORTED!!!

Lots of other things to sort in that calendar first, but you can do your organising in March whilst recuperating.....all that's needed is your laptop, plenty to drink and eat, and those kittens ;)

xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

OOOOOOOOOOOh why oh why did I too feel the urge to have a peek at that link Hilary, what on earth are you trying to do to us!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAArgh my eyes and ears are burning. I love the 80's 'cos it was a brilliant rock era Rush, Whitesnake, Kiss, Scorpoins etc. etc. but they didn't half turn out a load of old piffle aswell.

Catch you all later on warped,

love Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

wellllllll  I have seen some mucky stuff on this interweb thingy but that clip nearly made me do what the lodger and cousin clot couldn't do     PUKE                     Elvis come back all is forgiven.XXXXX    Culotte

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

BTW     that do where you all bring a plate of food is called a Jacobs Join dunno why so will have to look it up but surely thats the best idea for a wedding party then we all get to eat what we like    a field is ok too cos there a would be rather a lot of us coming to the wedding just make sure it has wifi available.    I am so glad I can wear my pjs......I asked my mum if it was ok to wear them for the party next week (diamond wedding) but reading between the lines i think the answer was NO.   Oh well its back to leggings or jegings again with very comfy tent type top.  hahahah   just remembered last time i was in a shop I found myself in the maternity section thinking oh that will fit me.....mmmm must go on a diet.....sea food and eat it.    XXXXXX       Colette