Hair Loss

Less than one minute read time.

It's started coming out today 14 days from the chemo like they said not sure what to do am scared I really don't want to shave it but don't want it coming out in clumps decisions decisions. My head is burning feels like evry pore is on fire.

Can't hide it from the general public anymore, have also got odd little lumps on the reconstructed breast just tiny like little peas will have to ring the breast nurse to see what to do.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

No one tells you how much your head hurts when your hair comes out!  I didn't want to shave mine, but cut it as short as I possibly could - then slept in a hair net and kept a sieve type thing in the bath until it had all gone.  I wore a wig for 'special' occasions, otherwise just a scarf - you might want to get a beanie to sleep in, as your head will get cold at nights!  BTW - I used to have wavy hair and now it's really curly and I love it!

Good luck

Kate xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya Tina..ive replied to ur msg but i dont know where it went...lol..this site is so confusing now...

Hope ur treatments going well...i had 2nd lot on friday...my birthday..lol..the side effects have kicked in a bit quicker this time...but still not to bad.

Hope u can get in the Churchill unit soon...it will be so much easier for u...Christies is a fair distance away but theyre fantastic...the chemo ward gave me a birthday cake to take home...bless em.

Im sure u'l know urself wen its rite for u to shave ur head hun...im lucky i wont lose mine with the chemo im on...but wen u do pluck up the courage im sure ul feel better...get the wig n be the blonde bombshell uve probably always wanted to be..haha..

Take care n i hope to hear from u soon..love

Sharon xxxx