today is the day wow

Less than one minute read time.

This afternoon, mum and i r off to see her oncologist to get her treatment plan. i realy hope they offer her some kind of treatment.  any thing, just so we have hope as im not ready yet for her to go . Been a long couple of weeks waiting for today to arrive , feel, quite calm at the moment but its only 2am another 13 hrs and wow she will get some help. bIG FINGERS CROSSED any way speak later as its only 2am xxxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck for today Tracy.  I'll be hoping for the best possible news.

Love, Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tracy, I sadly lost my mum through lung cancer at 72 back in October 2007 and I really feel for you right now; I know you must be feeling the weight of uncertainty on your shoulders.  My mum actually had lung cancer twice...the first time, about 10 years before, they were able to operate and all seemed fine until about 6 or 7 years later when they found another unrelated tumor in her other lung. At this time she was offered palliative care which consisted of Radio Therapy and either 1 or 2 cycles of chemo.  At first she turned down the chemo as she didn't want to lose her hair, but they were able to reassure her that the type of chemo she would have rarely leads to hair loss.  She coped fairly well with both...well, I say that, but I am sure there was a lot she kept to herself; but from the outside, it seemed to help.  I know you must be anxious about what lays ahead... my mum was extremely lucky (if you can call it luck) that she lived near Bournemouth hospital who I can't praise enough and also her doctor, who had lost his own mother to cancer and therefore had a particular interest in it, had set up a cancer support network that liaised closely with my mum and visited her often.  I know it can be difficult for some when they live in an area where the support is not so forthcoming which makes it difficult as most of us haven't been in this position before and don't know what support is available and therefore don't know what to push for, but it is there I promise.  Towards the end my mother was given many different meds to eased symptoms and also had oxygen delivered (nasal tubes are easier once she gets used to them). Hope this helps, and please know that I am here for you if you need someone to talk to, I know it can be lonely out there.  Take care; wishing you many happy times to come with your mum.  Good luck for today, Jennyxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Iv'e got everything crossed for you and you Mum.

Positive thoughts sent your way

Bee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck, thinking of you.  If it's anything like our appointments we averagely wait an hour, an agonising horrible hour, but you will get some comfort from the plan :) xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Tracy, will be keeping fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed for your mum today.

I hope it all goes well and you come home feeling positive.

Will keep an eye out to see how things went.

Good luck. Christine xx