Stooooopid Cancer

• Hmmm genetic testing???

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've been to see a gastroentorologist today. I liked him last time I saw this time not so much, he's told me I need a camera down my throat. Now after hearing horror stories, I dont particularly want it done at my local hospital.

They've also referred me to Family History Illnesses Clinic, because with such a strong family history of Bowel Cancer, there's even talk of genetic testing. Now I've thought about…

• Still here, still smiling!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi All

Sorry not been in, been a busy bee looking after mum, she's doing OK. Had a lovely xmas and New Year. She still fighting hard, been four yrs since she was diagnosed now. Still waiting to hear if the second lot of radio is happening or not. She is becoming increasingly uncomfortable but we're trying hard to keep it at bay.

I on the other hand am doing a bit better been diagnosed with wheat intolerance…

• A little bit of luck if you pleasems............

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I spent 10days in Belfast which was spent relaxing with my wonderful fiance....... We went to the zoo, to Stormont, visited the Giants Causeway, drove down the A2 to Glenariff waterfalls (stunning by the way). And slept lots!

I came back and found mum had a virus which had wiped her out for about 5 days she's kinda back on her feet now but only just.

I went to the Dr before I went away and I know I mentioned in…

• Mr Cushion, A Shopping trip, A Furry Hat and Acting Like Kids.........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

First off I hope to god I can post a photo in here as I think you all need to see it!

I can see all your beautiful faces staring at the screen back at me! (I'm waving, keep smiling this nut job will be done soon) lol.

I got back from a weekend with my fiance yesterday, decided I would test the waters before I go away for 10days to Belfast. I came back and mum was actually on her feet feeling quite ok. Although…

• What I found out at the hospital yesterday..................

FormerMember
    FormerMember

(*Warning this was my first day without Kev in three weeks, may seem so much less then it seems to me*)

So my mum and I are sitting in the waiting room yesterday waiting to see her chest consultant, her chest has been a bit bubbly since being put on and off the fentynl patches and changing medications around again. The clocks ticking and its time for her to take her oxynorm (been given the go ahead to give it to mum…