A little bit of luck if you pleasems............

1 minute read time.

I spent 10days in Belfast which was spent relaxing with my wonderful fiance....... We went to the zoo, to Stormont, visited the Giants Causeway, drove down the A2 to Glenariff waterfalls (stunning by the way). And slept lots!

I came back and found mum had a virus which had wiped her out for about 5 days she's kinda back on her feet now but only just.

I went to the Dr before I went away and I know I mentioned in a few of my blogs lately i'm just exhausted all the time, me thinking it had to do with emotions and caring for mum I brushed it under the carpet and just got on with it. There was a new Dr at the surgery and I saw her simply because I hadn't been sleeping well either. She checked my history and asked if I had had a call reguarding a blood test for my thyroid results in May (i've been underactive ever since 2002 after some radio-iodine treatment) I said no.......... Well she looked at me astonished and her words exactly were "I dont quite know how your sitting there" Apparently my TSH levels were over 100 and un-readable! The long and the short of it is I'm currently in multi-organ failure, am having to up my thyroxine to 250mgs it will take a while to settle in and even longer to repair everything so I have to take it easy............................... You know my life there's fat chance of that. So medically I should be in a coma if not dead, realistically I have no choice I have to carry on....

Mum has not been back to her respitory consultant yet we go back on the 17th November, she been very down as well because we lost one of her dads sisters recently. :-( So any luck thats going spare could really do with it, cheers.

Keep smiling

Tiggs xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Gosh, no wonder you've been so tired! Unbelievable that this was allowed to go unchecked. I always thought it was the doc's responsibility to check test results and make sure you are informed if anything shows up. Your surgery sounds much the same as mine. Half the time samples handed in go missing and have to be redone.

I hope you do manage to take it easy like you have been advised and you begin to feel better soon.

Best wishes, Christine xx