met martin clunes at race for life today

Less than one minute read time.
hi everyone i've done it. 12 weeks after my surgery i completed race for life today with my daughter and my friends from tesco (i used to work there before they gave me my ill health pension) i still pop in and see them all and stop them all from working (never mind) anyway martin clunes started the race at dorchester and he was there at the end talking to everyone and having photos taken. i'll try and upload them in a mo. i saw him up there last year but was diagnosed 4 days before the race and couldnt run it and i was starting my chemo the next day.he said he hoped to see me this year so sure enough i had a chat with him and he was pleased to see me doing it this year. (he's a lovely person and caring). so far i've raised over £200. it was a great day the sun shining and what an atmosphere roll on next year. sharon xx
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

congratulations to you, i am doing the race for life on 21st june depending if im fit and well, so hoping to raise money as well, what a bonus meeting martin clunes. well done xxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

very well done and congratulations to you! and hey you got to meet martin clunes-fantastic! i think he,s great! :)

my daughter is running soon, i unfortunately wont be as partner not too well at the mo. once again WELL DONE X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

congratulations and glad you got to meet Martin Clunes.  Brilliant and well done again.

Carol xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sharon

Well done for your successful run today, how great must you feel!!  You have given my hubby a great boost today, only 12 weeks since your op and with all those complications too!  It has only been 6 weeks for him so he has had a huge lift from your efforts, thanks.  Wish we could send you something but our neighbour is running and we have given money to him but it is all going to the same place anyway.

Cherryl

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What  a bonus meeting Martin Clunes. Congratulations on finishing the race, my sister Liz and I did  the Belfast e Race for Life, today the  atmosphere was  fantastic and as you say weather was brilliant.  Well done

Jo Mac