Goals for this year

1 minute read time.

Had a pretty tough 6 months. Shortly after the Marathon I was devastatingly diagnosed with secondary brain tumours (having symptoms before and during the marathon). Radiotherapy to my brain happened in June and thankfully scans in august showed that I responded well to that treatment, and the tumours had significantly diminished in size. Hopefully the next scans in dec will confirm that. I had further radiotherapy about a month ago to an area that they were uncertain about in May' but which did turn out to be cancerous.

Oherwise all fine, only remaining problems relate to my eyesight which got damaged, hence the delay in blog posts and any typos. And the bald patches from the rads are just growing now. Running a bit v v slowly and hope to do a 10mile race this sunday (the cabage patch 10).

My marathon experience in April was so grim that I was thinking that I might try again next year as it couldn't possibly be any worse but perhaps more sensibly (so far) I'm opting for the Edinburgh Moonwalk with the aim of walking it quicker than I managed the London marathon.

My other goal for this year was to try to become the first non-celeb to compete on Strictly Come Dancing. Obviously I'm not on it this year so I'll have to aim for 2012! A girl's gotta dream! My mates think I'm mad but if you don't try then you've already failed. I'm also loving Russell 'snake hips' Grant. I'm inspired but sadly can't dance!

Onwards and upwards

Anonymous
  • Hi,

Your  blog really touched me. Your are some powerful woman. I will vote for you and look forward to seeing you in 2012. !!!

Keep climbing!!

Love Court

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Blissfit,

What a brave and determined lady you are, and that's not meant to sound patronising, it's sincere and your blog just kind of shines, if that makes sense.  Do you have to train for the run and you must keep in touch and blog how you go on, onwards and upwards always.

Take care

Jan x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Becky

When I tried to contact you about 6 months ago I didn't know what you were going through......I had been thinking about how you helped me with brisk walks round Bushy park and how I would like to resume them. I was in a place whereby I felt that I needed to carry on those walks. It was a huge shock to see your blogs online......I wish you well and my thoughts are with you. I'm going to raise some money for Macmillan.

Take care

Paul Bowsher x