Treatment

Less than one minute read time.

Hi Folks,

Has anybody seen the news where over the next 2 yrs. the Government says that..

,if you think you have the symtoms of a Cancer.  If you go to your G.P. he will make sure you are seen with in a week, and Treatment will start more or less straight away. Does anybody really beleive that.??

Sarsfield

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Sarsfield

What does this really mean? Are the government going to put in place a course for GP’s to actually recognise that the improbable is still a possibility when a patient presents, and if they do will this help them to act? I worry for others that this decision will give the impression that cancer will always be at the forefront of a GP’s mind and that the trust we put in their knowledge will help protect us from unnecessary illness. I think the issue of medics recognising that a patient may have a cancer is a key issue, for without this there will never be an early referral?

I am fortunate that any unnecessary delays caused by incorrect decisions pre diagnosis have not affected my outcome, as my cancer though chronic is not as aggressive as many.

Ironically, I have now been put on “watch and wait” as that allows us to assess the diseases direction and speed of progress pre treatment. But many of my family and friends have not been so lucky.

So no I don’t believe this will help early treatment, after a GP’s made the referral then another “can of worms” is opened and things may go in many directions and many different speeds. Evan the cancer itself can play a part in this. My thoughts go out to those that have suffered due to the failings within the system, and I worry about the ensuing chaos these new changes will bring about. Take care all,

BEAR