Ok as the title says this is round two for me

Less than one minute read time.

So on Sunday I was admitted to Hospital in York with back pain so bad that even a dose of morphine didnt last longer than 1 hour.. turns out I had a kidney infection.. not bad you think what you complaining about right?? well heres the kicker while looking into the kidneys they find a mass on my cervix that they were a little worried about.. so on Wednesday I went for a biposy and the Doc pushed for the results to be done as fast as possible.. he got them turned around in 24 hours..Sadly it confermed what he saw during the biopsy... the cancer is back again for a second time....am now waiting for an MRI, which is happening on Monday next week, then for the planning meeting of all the specilests in Leeds to decide what treatment I will be having....

Needless to say I'm scared BUT I have decided that the following will be my motto.

I'VE BEATEN THIS THING ONCE I WILL BEAT IT AGAIN!!!!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Chris :D

I did get a small turn out for it but they made up for it by raising £68.77 on the day which was great and it also ended up going out on Calendar New's on the Tuesday after the head shaving event which was great :D

Anyways time for a treatment update..

I have been working hard to get onto a trial in Leeds that is for a drug that has been shown in other cancers to stop tumors from developing new blood vains. The trial is to see if it works with Cervical cancers as well.

I start on the trial tomorrow,  the 19th of September, which is great.. To say that I was happy is not an understatment infact I did a happy dance twice :D

Yes it means extra trips to Leeds not just for treatments but extra clinics and blood tests as well as extra scans but thats fine with me as it means that the trial is worth it if it helps other people in years to come :D