Round 5

• Round Seven!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I an now having Taxol weekly. Which does seem to suit me. I had three weeks of the high dose and was responding very well. But then had to miss a couple because of low blood count.. I have gone on and finished the course with out any further problems. My Scan showed no change so it has not grown but has not shrunk either. My CA125 is coming down so that's good. My Oncologist wants me to have another six but may not be…
  • Ovarian Cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I have not blogged for quite a while so to fill you in. I had Topotecan in May it was a weekly infusion again. At first the chemo looked like it was working then my blood count was too low every third week so would have a week off even though the dose was lowered. For the Chemo to work I needed it every week so the chemo was stopped in December. I am starting chemo again next week as CA125 was rising and scan…
  • Gem/carbo

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Not updated for a while. Have been having low blood counts so chemo delayed. I have just had the results of Ct Scan and the chemo is not working no change to tummers my CA125 has also been rising so after a three week break Im going to have Topotecan which hopefully will start on the 9th May. This is the first time I've had to stop a chemo I've usually going through with a few delay but had the full 6cycles. So round…
  • Second round

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I had the Gemcitabine and carblatin at the lower dose last Wednesday , and all was ok just usual not sleeping. This Wednesday had Gemcitabine on its own which was ok. I found the chemo was going through very cold and painfull, but a an electric blanket did ease the problem. I was told that this is a known side effect of Gemcitabine hope I don't haveit too often. Just left with chemo headache now but that goes after…
  • First chemo (round 5)

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I found the first part of the chemo ok all went well but I was feeling tired. The following week I went for Gemcitabine on its own. I was told that my blood results were good. So l had the second part which went ok as expected. I feels ok but was conscious of feeling very tired just didn't pick up. Had my chemo free week then went for round two. Was told my bloods were very low could they have another sample which they…