Keep the faith everyone

2 minute read time.

well folks this will be it from me until the evening of the 21st i have chosen to leave the laptop at home and leave you all guessing. This is a holiday i never thought i would be taking. 12 months ago i was told that my life was over 3 months max and no treatment was availiable for me. I went home a broken man until it happens to you, you have no idea how you will react i sat alone the following ...day and pondered my life and wondered what i had done to deserve all this bollocks, i was on crutches so in effect i was house bound no visitors couldn't drive couldn't walk and didn't want to talk to anyone i have to say i had overnight become a sad lonely person who was sinking fast, over the next few weeks my health was getting worse but i had daily visits from my mate drew we sat in my kitchen one day and he said to me Picko you only got 2 weeks left to live, he was right 10 weeks had passed and i was getting worse then the postie dropped an appointment for me to attend oncology and my life changed again from that appointment, i think i have the best team at the city hospital looking after me they have found the right chemo that has managed to control the cancer it can't beat it but i have a life back i can walk without a limp climb stairs drive my car and lead a near normal life i'm full of tablets some very nasty poison is put into my body every day, some days i feel bloody awful and others i feel good. I think what i'm trying to say is never give up put your faith in the clever people that wear the white coats they get paid a lot of money to keep people like me alive, never disagree with what they tell you they really do know whats best i owe them 9 months of life and i'm still going strong.
well this has been a boring blog but i'm just not in a comical mood tonight and nothing of any importance has happened to me i still have the painful bollocks my urgent scan is booked for the end of the month so until then i will continue to walk like john wayne.
Well thats it from me for a week i dare say Joanne will be updating you all from her phone. so for now good night and take care

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Drew

So good to see you're still here ( I mean on this site) I've just logged in for the first time for a year, and yours was the first thread I looked for. I knew you were a survivor, and your posts aways kept my husband in good spirits. The site has changed a bit, but easlier and quicker to navigate that a couple of years ago.

Happy New Year, I've got some catching up to do, trying to find blogs of others from the last couple of years.

Best wishes to you and yours

Jane

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Picko, when they told me I had lung cancer the young registrar said 'Dont ask me how long you've got 'cos I havent a clue' !!! They were his actual words. The tumour was massive, I got a feeling the oncologist wanted to 'bin me' as a hopeless case. The chest medicine consultant had a bit more faith and persuaded the surgeon to have a go. That was 3 and a half years ago. If it had been down to the oncologist I wouldn't be here now. I am a big believer in SECOND OPINIONS now.... Take care mate, enjoy life...,...

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Drew

Great to see you back on this site!

All the very best

Georgia X