RIP Kesserbird

Less than one minute read time.

Just heard tonight that Carol lost her battle this morning, she was one brave woman who never gave up fighting and defied the odds several times. She was well known on the original what now site, had many friends on here and will be missed by all, she brought laughter to many especially with her blogs about her life in the south west and the banter at times was brilliant especially with Drew. She inspired many who followed and gave them the courage to fight, she was a special person who I am pleased I got know and who will be sadly missed but never forgotten.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

So sad she was a great lady, so wished she would make it she fought so hard.Peace be the journey Carol.

Love Maureen and Tony xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Rest in Peace, Carol ... you inspired many of us here.

Joycee x

• Thanks for letting us know John.

Carol was an inspiration to many including myself in the beginning, in fact i think she was the first to make contact with me and help me through those first few days of dispair.

It saddens me greatly to hear that she has now lost the fight, if you are able please pass on my sincere Condolences to her family.

Pauli..........

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

A Tribute To Kezzerbird.

Bitch on her buckle, fire in her eyes,

astride her Kawasaki you know the Kesserbird’s arrived.

A nightclub doorperson also known as a bouncer,

Kesserbird was frightened of nothing; not even her cancer.

With “Cancer can kiss my arse” tattooed on her backside,

I guess Kesserbird knew she was in for a rough ride.

Going in for surgery and hoping for her best wish,

only to wake and find, she’d been gutted like a fish.

But that did not phase her or make her give up and lie down,

even stripping down to her knickers she took on the officials of the town.

Winning her case she made other sit up and take heed,

to the plight that cancer sufferers’ face, and the help that they need.

I never met the Kesserbird, but Drewcotgrave spoke of her plenty,

an inspiration to other’s and certainly a unique entity.

Peace has bought her fight to the ultimate conclusion,

and non of us should underestimate this disease’s intrusion.

Kesserbird you’ve been through the phases of life’s grand ball,

and in your own unique way you’ve dealt with them all.

Form Childhood, adulthood and finally death,

but the hardest phase is for, us the one’s you have left.

Take your leave upon us Kesserbird, thanks for your, love, inspiration and whit,

you will be missed by your family and friends and you did your best to live with it.

In the words of Drew “you fought so fucking hard to beat it”; Carol the Kesserbird,

one of the most plucky, inspirational stories that I’ve ever heard.

All rights reserved © A. J. Wilkie 7th August 2012.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Apologies for the reserved rights addition, if any family or friends wish to use this tribute in any way as part of a service please feel free to do so, I have no expectation on my part, I felt that Carol deserved recognition of her fight.

My sincere condolences to all her family and friends, respect to all those cancer sufferers who, in their own way deal with the daily consequences of this disease. I would also like to mention the carers who do a sterling job whether or not they are directly related to the patient, without their help, many would find  dealing with daily chores virtually impossible. Thank you to all.

The best of wishes and intentions.

Alex Wilkie.