Awaiting treatment plan

Less than one minute read time.

So, I'm 25 and received the news on the 10/1/12. I am soooooo scared and although I am remaining as positive as I can, I find it creeps up on me with no warning and brings tears to my eyes. I would love to hear from anyone who has had radiotherapy and can help me feel more confident about the treatment type.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Sammy Good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on Best wishes Dianne x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have my treatment plan now, I have stage 2B cancer. They are doing radio/chemotherapy for 5 weeks and brachytherapy for 3 weeks. I'm feeling much better within myself & just want treatment to start. But although I think I will cope fine with undergoing treatment, I am just scared for the future. I haven't had time to think about the infertility side of things as it was decided best to leave my ovaries in the treatment area. This is a big thing for me as I haven't any children and was looking at starting a family. So think the emotion on infertility will hit me after my treatment. At the moment just trying to focus on getting better. I admire everyone going through this as it is such a strain on your body & mind x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi sammy,  i hav just finished my treatment i was diagnosed in dec 2011 with stage 1b cervical plus poss lymph node. my treatment finished last week so if you have any questions or worrys u can ask away. My treatment plan consist of 4 weeks radio 5 days a week plus 4 weeks of chemo once a week plus 2 brachys.....hope ur doing ok xx