Ray123's blog

• A lifetime of cancer July 2013

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well here I am again - IT is back and this time it is very angry. Kidney, spleen, adrenal gland, pancreas and to add icing to the cake its in the liver again. This is only an update as we have been waiting on what the docs are going to do, if anything since 07th May, all up in the air again. 18 years is a long time dealing with this dreaded disease but hubby is not ready to give in yet. So the big bad wolf will just have…

• A Lifetime of Cancer Sept 09

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well it should have been cycle 4 this week but hubby was too under the weather to be treated, so he had a blood transfusion, which took over 9 hrs and eventually was brought home at 11.30pm. We thought it would all be over two weeks ago but this is the second time his chemo has been suspended due to him being too unwell. In all the years he has been being treated for cancer/s this 'new chemo' has to have been the worst…

• A Lifetime of cancer - Today

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Well hubby is back in hospital for his second cycle of this regime ( never thought I would be hearing myself say that 14 yrs ago), which is now having ITs dreaded effects, you know, nausea - vomitting - sore mouth - piles etc etc. The two of us are feeling pretty low at the moment, this is something you never get used to even after seven relapses. It is like having your left arm cut off when you are apart, my brain which…
  • A lifetime of cancer - 2000

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    All was well until January 2000. Hubby had been back at work since August 1996, he had gone for all the checkups and each time all was OK, but he had put up with a hernia since the first op and in January 2000 he went to see the surgeon to discuss an op. It was the first time that I did not go in the room with him - call of nature - when he came out from the consultation he was grey. I asked what was wrong but all he…
  • A lifetime of cancer.

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Once upon a time there was a young man who had been married to his young wife for four years, their life was full of hopes and dreams for their future. They had a toddler and a baby and they looked forward to all the years ahead of them as a family. They were good people, they did no one harm, they had good careers, life could only get better with time. They dreamt of a day when they could travel the world together, their…