Preparing to leave?

• Disillusioned with Chat...don't all attack at once!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Hi folks,
    This has taken me sometime to put together because I know it is a sensitive subject so I hope I have addressed it correctly. 
    In February of last year, I stumbled across What Now.  It was at a time when I was feeling very low and alone.  I’ve been living with cancer now since March 2004, so I wish I had come across this site much sooner!  I have since acquired some amazing friends from this site whom I…
  • What was I thinking...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi guys...

today I have realised how sorry I have been feeling for myself, there is always someone in a much worse position and sometimes you need a slap in the face to remind you of it!

I have a friend from my Hospice, Wendy, she is in her early 40's, she has terminal Kidney Cancer.  She is a single mum with 5 children aged between 6 - 14.  She was admitted to hospital on Friday as she had fallen and was unwell,…

• Preparing to leave?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Guys,

thought it was time I dropped you all a line hehe...actually, it is more a case of needing to verbalise my many thoughts again before they take over what is left of my brain!!

The past few weeks have been a real struggle, coming to terms with ones own mortality is no mean feat.  I have been up and down emotionally and on top of that have had to watch another close friend of mine slowly go downhill. Life really…