bewildered

Less than one minute read time.

I went to my local breast clinic with a lump in my breast about 6 weeks ago. Since then I have has 2 biopsies, then diagnosis, then sentinel lymph node removal (which fortunately was clear), then 2 days later was in hospital and had mastectomy and reconstruction. I am now at home (had dressings removed yesterday) and feel like it has all happened to someone else! Just can not get my head round the fact that all this has happened in such a short time, and that it is because I have cancer! Anyone else ever feel this way?

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I have received my appointment to go and see the oncologist next week to discuss what further treatment I will need, and it has thrown me into a panic. My consultant told me on Friday that it would probably be about 6 weeks before this appointment, and I was looking forward to relaxing for 6 weeks without having to worry about it immediately, now its only a week away!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had mastectomy monday having found the lump 7 weeks ago..I have wanted to wake up in the morning and find that the past few weeks were a bad dream. However its real and its happening so i have to look forward to gettin thru the chemo and herceptin in the next few months...after that life will be peachy..You are never alone!

MJ