ups and downs....where are our ups?????

1 minute read time.

Dad came out of hospital yesterday morning at 1.30am and was ok yesterday daytime. I went to visit this morning and mum was just of the phone to the unit again as dad was really poorly again today. I had the shock of my life when he came down the stairs- he was grey in colour and very thin and shaky he had no strength what so ever. He was told to go back up to the hospital and he has been there all day on a iv drip.

They are now giving him steroids and his anti sickness via the iv too. He is now in isolation because of his increased risk of infection and at least for tonight is allowed no visitors other than mum.

I knew with the chemo he would be poorly but he has only had that one day of it and he has been so bad since. I know if the effects continue to be this bad he will be thinkiing along the lines of 'quality' rather than 'quantity'.

Its so hard now i keep having a go at my husband and i don't want him near me- he can't do anything right. Other times i just want him to hold me and tell me its all going to be alright. I know its me,  i'm trying so hard not to take it out on him yet i still keep doing it.

Everyone talks about ups and downs but where are our UP'S?????????? 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Becky. Thanks for  your message. How is your dad?

Mine came out of hospital this morning so hopefully things are looking up! xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi he is not bad.  Better since I told him we needed a chat about his grumpy behaviour - suggested by my mum - he has been a little less angry but I know that he is trying to hide it.  We are back at the hospital a week today but not sure what good that will do.  He rang about having a scan, badgered by me as usual, and I asked him to chase the hospital but he has not, without a scan it is difficult to know what is happening inside.  I think my dad would rather not know to be honest.  I am going with him and will try and have a chat with the consultant on my own about recent events.  I really am glad to hear that your dad is out of hospital, like you say fingers crossed that some better times are ahead for you all.  Take care xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi becky, I think because they are men they feel that they can cope with everything and get angry when they can't and when they need to rely on someone else. Im pretty sure that is how my dad sees it. Have you had chance to speak to your dads consultant yet?