I start my new job tomorrow

1 minute read time.

So i start my new job at the hospital tomorrow and i have butterflies as big as elephants. 

I have my trust induction and my ward induction monday and tuesday and nursing and midwifery induction wednesday, thursday and friday. Then i'll be doing 38 hours a week on the wards Surprise

I am excited this is what i want to do, i have had my kids they are all at primary school now, this is my time now!!! I am 31 in 2 weeks, i have to do something for me.

Dad wanted me to do this, i am doing it for me but there is a huge part of me doing this for him too, i want him to look down and be proud that i have done what i said and started to climb this ladder. 

I have read some posts on here lately that make me think god do i really want to go into nursing and work for the nhs, I would hate to think of patients thinking i don't have time for them. I want to do my job and do it properly to its full extent and like Jenni has said on her posts sometimes just put a smile on peoples faces. I don't want to the care i give to patients to be dictated by time. Oh well we will see what happens i just want to do my job well.

Butterflies are even bigger now lol. I CAN do this!!!

Love to you all xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Vicki, you are exactly the sort of person the NHS is crying out for now, and I am sure that you will be wonderful at your new job. You have all the qualities it takes to make a difference ( I know as I spend a lot of time in hospital due to my brittle asthma) and after everything Ive experienced with Mum, I know that you are exactly what our hospital wards need!!

Your dad will be very proud of you tomorrow,he will be with you every step of the way.

Take a deep breath and enjoy it!!xxx

I'll be thinking of you,Love sharonxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Vicki,

If ever a woman was cut out for nursing my friend its you. You are the thoughtful caring type that will make a brilliant Nurse.

So all the Best and Good Luck.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck for today Vicki - you'll be fab!!!!  

Have just seen your PM - sorry I haven't replied will do so later xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck Vicki, be proud of yourself for taking this step, and I'm sure you'll be a wonderful addition to the NHS. Val XX