I start my new job tomorrow

1 minute read time.

So i start my new job at the hospital tomorrow and i have butterflies as big as elephants. 

I have my trust induction and my ward induction monday and tuesday and nursing and midwifery induction wednesday, thursday and friday. Then i'll be doing 38 hours a week on the wards Surprise

I am excited this is what i want to do, i have had my kids they are all at primary school now, this is my time now!!! I am 31 in 2 weeks, i have to do something for me.

Dad wanted me to do this, i am doing it for me but there is a huge part of me doing this for him too, i want him to look down and be proud that i have done what i said and started to climb this ladder. 

I have read some posts on here lately that make me think god do i really want to go into nursing and work for the nhs, I would hate to think of patients thinking i don't have time for them. I want to do my job and do it properly to its full extent and like Jenni has said on her posts sometimes just put a smile on peoples faces. I don't want to the care i give to patients to be dictated by time. Oh well we will see what happens i just want to do my job well.

Butterflies are even bigger now lol. I CAN do this!!!

Love to you all xxxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

best of luck in ur new job. im sure youll be a credit to the nursing profession

hugs and kisses    sue  xx

• You can do it Vicki...Your your fathers daughter.

Good Luck,

Kay

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Vicki we need nurses like you and jenni..all my family had bad experiences in hospital with nurses who just didn`t care. You will be such a lovely nurse I know that and your Dad is proud of you.

I trained as a nurse many years ago and I can promise you you will love it so try not to panic about tomorrow {hugs}

love scarlet xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey huni :)

I know how your tummy is churning right now, but as i did you will feel better after that first half hour ,you will love it as i did , and i dont to make you cry but ur dad will be with you and will be grinning from ear to ear , im certain ,

When that scared patient looks at you and smiles , and holds your hand for reassurance ,their is nothing like it ,

and i will be thinking of u tommorow and if u not too exausted pm me ,as i will be desperate to hear how you got on as you were with me ,

huge hugs vicki, you can do this you will be fab xxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

All the best Vicky.

From all the support, kindness and love you give to others here, you will be great and just what the NHS needs.

You know your Dad will always be proud in whatever you do but especially so that you are following your dream.

Take care and big hugs

Maria