The Full Monty

Less than one minute read time.

Well, we went to the hospital today for Pat to have the full dose of Octreotide. It was quite painful and the nurse offered to do two doses next time as the needle is smaller but Pat said he would rather get it over in one. He asked her if she could go to a different plumbers merchant and get a smaller drainpipe next time! He has a marvellous sense of humour.

We were allowed home straight away and I had to pull over so he could be violently sick at the roadside. Made a note to myself to take a bowl next time. He has unwell for the rest of the day with some tummy pain during the night. Next morning he managed some scrambled egg for breakfast and had another day in his chair with duvet.

Today he feels much better. Got dressed and has been up and about all day except for a short nap after lunch. The next dose is in four weeks and Oncology in eight.  It is his 67 th birthday next week and with luck we may be able to get to the cinema. Watch this space. 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Panda,

Glad to hear Pat is feeling better. Enjoy the moment.

Love and hugs,

Colin xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Simple, practical suggestion, Panda.  Carry some nappy bags, rather than a bowl for those sneaky vomiting episodes.  They can be kept in a pocket or glove compartment for easy access and when used, just tied up and chucked in the bin.  Easier than disposing of a full sick bowl on the motorway!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi al,

Thanks for the helpful suggestion. I got some yesterday and they are stowed away in the glove compartment ready for the next trip in a couple of weeks. You are right. It is nerve wracking having to pull over and also not very safe. I was lucky to see a nearby lay by. We are up in rural Suffolk, so do not have any motorways here would you believe but sudden stopping is still not a good thing.