One Life Live It

• Seriously? And now I have Covid?

2 years since the start of the pandemic and, maybe more by luck than judgement sometimes, I managed to avoid Covid, until yesterday.  I waken with a slight sore throat. It's only a cold. I've no other symptoms. I test negative. Life...
  • Nobody talks about hair regrowth

Ok, so I've been enjoying my wig for about a year now. It's shoulder length, blonde and I absolutely love wearing it.  But……my real hair is growing back, and is now at the stage where it's too long for the wig to be com...
  • One year on….

Exactly a year ago today I didn't sleep, I felt sick, I cried, I hugged my husband and I didn't know what to do. I'd just been for my check up (having found a lump) and the consultant called to tell me he was pretty certain I had breast c...
  • The days are getting longer, summer's coming

It's a strange thing, living with cancer. On one hand, I feel like life is normal (well, apart from the dodgy hair regrowth, but that's another story) yet on the other hand, the treatment never stops. I feel fully fit, back at work with a vengeance a...
  • A little less wise

Toothache….you know, you try to ignore it, but it niggles away, wakes you in the night and eventually the painkillers don't help and you end up at the dentist. I shouldn't have toothache. I'm on bisphosphonates and I had my dental check up 4 m...