Lonely

Less than one minute read time.

I’m a few weeks into being a widow and struggling I just feel lost and lonely. I always did everything with hubby and now he isn’t here I’m not sure where I fit in.

Our daughter and son in law have been amazing but they won’t want me tagging along all the time they need their own space. I know it’s still early days but I need to start doing things on my own and find my own routine I know it will take time, I also know hubby wouldn’t want me just wasting my life. I just have to keep telling myself I’ve got this 

Anonymous
  • Your loss is so recent, the pain must still be raw. I can't even imagine how things are for you right now. I'm sure your faith and sil are a source comfort and just the fact you realise they'll need their space suggests you're unlikely to become a "burden".

• Well that posted before I could proof read! I meant daughter not faith. I also wanted to say that, not knowing where you're located, do try to find a local support group. Where I am, a local cancer group supports all the family and with luck, you'll find something similar. In some ways I almost feel fortunate to be the patient rather than the one who will be left to grieve. Cherish your memories and, above all, be kind to yourself.

• I'm truly sorry for your loss. You sound like a very caring person and I reckon you are right, hubby would be telling you to get on with it, to live your life, to try and find happiness again.  Though obviously you will always miss him, you'll learn to deal with the pain and you'll find a way to carry on.

• And just like SFUC that posted before I was ready, they give good advice though, I think. Find a support group, reach out to friends and try to get out and do something you enjoy or even find a new hobby.  maybe one day you could volunteer because people like myself like to talk to people who have gone through something similar,  talking to people who have that experienced and understand what we are going through, it does help.  Just remember, you're not alone.