not waving but drowning

• for the attention of Odin and other hat-wearers

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here's my daft husband last year in his daft hat (with feather). The hat looks much more disreputable now. The offensive weapon in his hand is a walking stick he was given as a retirement present in 2008 (in case anyone was alarmed).

• thought for the day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I made this years ago for my lovely John because it sums him up. Everything he does, he does out of consideration for someone else. It sums up my wonderful friends here in Mac Land too.

Big, grateful hugs to you all. x x x

• my family and another animal

FormerMember
    FormerMember

My lovely family and Wee Dug last August, before we knew my dad was dying and before J's dad was diagnosed. Our last family holiday before #1 girl (front, centre) went to uni. Son and #2 daughter have grown even more since then. So have I (horizontally).

• cautiously optimistic

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Perhaps a glimmer of hope through the all-pervading gloom...

Doctor visited dad-in-law today. His bloods are normal now (as in his liver & kidneys seem ok) so she has prescribed him some antidepressants. A tiny dose, but it may have a placebo effect. Let's hope so,

She also managed to convince him to try a week's respite care in a care home!!! J and his brother talked yesterday, then J and their sister talked…