Not this time!

• #9 No More Beige Food Please!

Food is quite possibly one of the biggest hurdles when going through and recovering from treatment for throat cancer, once you have dealt with the psychological / emotional side of having cancer. Depending on where your cancer was found, in my case t...
  • #8 What is Happening to my Body?

If you are at all easily offended or squeamish skip this post, you can’t complain later that I didn’t warn you! If you are at the start of your cancer journey hopefully this will give you an insight to some of the delights you have coming...
  • #7 Meds, meds, meds

Eighteen months ago I took one vitamin tablet and one anti-histamine, both over the counter and not on prescription. The only reason I went to see my GP was every three years for routine smears and the occasional minor problem. Roll the clock forward...
  • #6 The Treatment Train

On the Friday afternoon I had my last pre-treatment call from one of the chemo nurses. Talking me through what I needed. I took far too much with me as it turned out, but better that than being left high and dry I thought. I was advised to take drink...
  • #5 The Pre-Treatment Juggernaut

At this point my throat was starting to recover from the tonsillectomy, I was dropping back down to paracetamol for analgesia and taking liquid ibuprofen to reduce the oedema in my hands. The latter of these was in part a revelation following on from...