Not this time!

• #14 Co-morbidities

Many people who start along the cancer path already have some underlying conditions. I have no idea what the statistics on that are, but I am sure, anecdotally, that these can impact on treatment options, diagnosis, etc. For me, it is a bit of a chic...
  • # 13 Coping / Not Coping

About 6 weeks after treatment had finished I hit rock bottom. I had thought I would be feeling much better at this stage. In all honesty I think the past few months caught up with me and once the morphine was lifting the truth and weight of what I ha...
  • #12 Getting Worse before it gets better

Maybe I was extremely naïve, maybe I just hit peak information overload at some point, maybe I could only look so far ahead. When I was first told I had throat cancer I went off the scale to the dark side and thought that was it, worst outcomes ...
  • #11 My Support Team

OK, so the cancer is in your body, but you do not need to go through this on your own. It is lonely at times, and you will think that no-one else in the world understands, but many do. Even if they don’t you will need some people, some will be ...
  • #10 Lockdown's Silver Linings

Cancer in the Covid era will undoubtedly be a slightly different experience. In some ways it makes it a much lonelier journey, yet that also means it can at times be much more peaceful than might otherwise have been the case. Some of us decide to kee...