whats going on?

Less than one minute read time.

Every friend i seem to tell ive got cancer too seems to vanish off the face of the earth !!! am i scaring them to much or what ,ive just tried to be my usual straight talking self i might of well of not bothered.oh well at least the sun is shining will get out on my bike while im feeling up to it

later pete.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pete,

People who do not have cancer are scared of it and find it difficult to know what to say when they find someone has cancer. They don't know what to say, how to act and in many cases it is easier for them  to fade into the distance. Either that or they go completely overboard with the "oh you look so well"  or "should you be doing that?"

Suffice to say you have found a place where you will be listened to, will get support and the occasional kick up the bum that we all need from time to time!

Take care Kath xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

The problem is that the c word has a certain inevitability about it but if people just took the time to look what is behinnd it in the cancer community they would have a far greater understanding. Some so caled friends made some very unkind comments - particularly to my wife when I was undergoing treatment and to be quite frank if that is the best they can do I would rather go without their "support." Anyway the cancer community will always give you a chuck on and you will always find a sympathetic ear or get some advice and support from people who have been through it.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

cheers everyone kind words

pete x