whats going on?

Less than one minute read time.

Every friend i seem to tell ive got cancer too seems to vanish off the face of the earth !!! am i scaring them to much or what ,ive just tried to be my usual straight talking self i might of well of not bothered.oh well at least the sun is shining will get out on my bike while im feeling up to it

later pete.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

strange isnt it. maybe they think its catching, assured one friend it isnt. they look over your shoulder  when they talk to you as if their looking at the grim reaper. xx Good luck with your treatment xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm sorry to hear that Pete.

'There's nowt as strange as folk' as my Grandad always says.

I can assure you though that we are always here and are not vanishing anywhere.

Have fun on your bike.......motorbike or pushbike????

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I was thinking what you write down so i had to comment.

Family are always there and even the ones who you dont speak to.

It is very awkward for friends to talk to us about anything once the C word has been mentioned.

The close friends will become closer and the rest will feel awkward and try to avoid conversation.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Pete,

Your wernt wearing a scary mask at the time. To be

serious people are very frightened the minute they hear the word Cancer,and cant face the fact that their friend has got it. Why I cant answer that question you would need to grab a hold of one of them and ask. All the Best.

Take care and be safe Sarsfield.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

A very common theme on here Pete, but as Vicki says we are all friends on here and there is always someone to listen and give support without judgement.

Christine xx