Noj's blog

• Just call me Robin....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I've been mentally segmenting my treatment into phases -

1: Diagnosis, 2: Surgeries, 3: Chemo therapy, 4: Radio therapy, 5: Herceptin, 6: Tamoxifen, 7: Remission.

The first 3 phases are complete. 

Phase 4: I have had 16 of my 20 Radio therapy sessions and as the blog title suggests - I now have a red very breast (‘tis the season).  It is sore but I'm delighted to say the skin has not yet 'broken down' as was…

• Radio 5

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello all. 

I've just had my 5th radio session.  I should have been on number 7 but the machine was broken for 2 days.  No obvious side effects so far (beyond a slight tenderness).

The one thing that has been a problem is that my legs or more accurately, my thighs stopped working properly a couple of weeks ago.  I found that I was suddenly struggling to walk up stairs because of the difficulty in my foot reaching each…

• It is all go again....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi all,

Just a quick update.

I've now had two measuring sessions for the Radiotherapy planning - I think they know my boobs better than me now!

I've now had 2 'debates' with the Radiotherapy Registrar:

The first one was about the duration of the treatment.  I decided to push back against his 'change of heart' (that seemed to be driven by a change of boss Dr) and I am sticking with the shorter regime…

• Radiotherapy Planning Session Questions

FormerMember
    FormerMember

When I had my first discussion about Radiotherapy I was told that at my hospital there are two schools of thought on the impact of different time cycles.  One Doc likes to use a shorter cycle whilst the other prefers a longer cycle.  I had gone in thinking that a longer cycle could be gentler on the body but was unsure of whether in fact it just means that it takes longer to do the same amount of good and damage.  When questioning…

• The last TAX - woohoo!

FormerMember
    FormerMember
    I’m a bit late getting this update out – so sorry about that.
    The final chemo treatment went without incident although several people came and went in the room and I heard many horror stories relating to veins and PICCs etc so it was a bit distressing but good encouragement for me for my dissertation work. 
    I was also able to pick up my first prescription for Tamoxifen that I will be starting on the 19th