No Title Springs To Mind

• A delayed update from last Friday - will it post this time?!

So - the oncologist telephoned again on Friday as promised. He seemed to have no recollection of the previous week's conversation in which he let slip that I also have bone metastases and have had for months. I asked him again "WHICH" bones and this time - he told me he DOESN'T KNOW!  The report just says "multiple".  I had to ask him about the liver mets - fortunately they are stable and the…

• CT scan results - DEFINITELY parental guidance required here. Swear words aplenty.

So - I phone the hospital on Tuesday to a) ask why I no longer received copies of all letters that they send to my GP. The receptionist stated that they don't do that - you only receive a treatment plan in the post. This is clearly bollocks - I got a couple and then they inexplicably stopped. The folder they gave me when I was diagnosed this time round had something in it about being entitled to all such correspondence…

• So - the dreaded telephone appointment: AKA The Forgotten Victims Of Covid

Set my alarm clock - I knew I would be awake for most of the night and would thus struggle to get up in time for the phone appointment without loud, jangling, mechanical assistance. Gave myself plenty of time for caffeine and nicotine intake before the doctor phoned.

He phones, right on time. Small talk about Tamoxifen and side effects out of the way, he proceeded to tell me I had had a CT scan in March and it was stable…

• Still not the last one....

So on Tuesday this week I had a surreal experience - a CT scan in a portakabin in the hospital car park. I found it hard to keep a straight face as the masked technician s--t--r--e--t--c--h--e--d across to take my temperature before letting me in to his tin box. I wish it could have been captured on video - it must have looked like something out of a scii-fi film - masks, visors, scanners, hand decontamination liquids…

• Contains strong language. Parental advisory. 18+

Dear panic buyers,

So - coronavirus. No hand gel to be had anywhere. People ripping it off the walls in  hospitals. People draining hospital bottles into their own containers. 

Corona is a VIRUS. Antibacterial gel works on BACTERIA. Some of us actually need the hand gel to be able to go about our daily business without worrying we're going to die from a mild random bug. Some of us have crap immune systems. 

F**k you…