Newly Diagnosed ... where'd that rug go??

• Hair cuts for me, new year @ school for kids....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, went back to mum's this morning to have the bob changed to something more 'me ... feel much better now lol! People have said it makes me look younger - bonus! Even if they don't mean it, who cares, it had to happen and I like it now :)

Went to get dressing changed and everyone's happy with it, doc gave me some antibiotics as the swab they took last week proved positive etc, so have 5 days of those…

• Hair we go then ...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Left my window open last night and was woken at 6.30 by the 1 feral duck who 98% of the time refuses to tuck up in the duck shed with the others; she was having a good old Quack, probably because she misses out on the evening feed by NOT getting in the shed... anyway, as our old windows wouldn't disguise much quacking even if I shut them, I wandered out to let the other ducks out and throw some food down, then took…

• Why 5 am??

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Well, after napping on and off on the sofa, then watching some crap TV, and a lovely call from Lynne, I went off to bed about 11. Pedro sent me a FB email as he'd lost his phone (!) just as I got into bed :)
    I slept fine, woke up at 5,had a stern word with myself about not being so silly, and went back to sleep, but woke again at 6.30, thirsty, drink of water didn't help, so here I am, at 7 am ish, with a banana…

• Chemo. round two .....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Or, as they call it, 1B ... ;)

Started the day by taking temp, tablet, & jabbing my tummy, then dropped off at the hospital by mum & stepdad.

All went well there, but back ache I woke with wouldn't go... dressing & wound checked - not oozing now it has a dry dressing instead of clear one. Waiting for results of swan taken to see if need antibiotics.

Back to mum's, back killing me, ate some lunch but…

• Chemo #2 postponed until tomorrow...........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Had a call at 8.45am today ... white blood cell count too low to have chemo today but could I go in for an injection (first of 6) to ensure I could have chemo tomorrow instead?

Bloody hell!!! I'll be a pin cushion lol!

So I have these needles which i can self-administer for 6 days with Sat and Sun as a gap, so I did the first one at the hospital and was quite nervous as HATE needles but didn't feel a thing! There…