Hurumph............

1 minute read time.

Well, one good thing is, it's Bank Holiday Monday and it isn't raining!
I am feeling a tad sorry for myself today, whilst laughing at myself for doing so  ;)
It's the Hickman line, kind of getting in the way; I can't lift things, move my arm properly, and it gets sore and makes me tired... grump grump grump!
And yesterday, by 8pm, I was yawning so much too...totally exhausted! And I was in bed by 9.30 - maybe having two lots of visitors and bathing the dog was all too much?! It was so nice to see everyone... maybe I just need to pace myself a bit more?
Tomorrow I have to organise taking my middle daughter (13) shopping for school stuff and hopefully meeting Lynne for coffee, around getting my bloods done at the hospital. Grump grump grump again! Then Wednesday, round two of chemo. My mum is going to have the kids Wednesday night/Thurs day, whether I feel tired or not, so I hope to catch up on sleep and practice loafing about a bit more ;)
Once we get the CT scan results and know how many months my treatment is for, (currently they think 6 treatments, one a fortnight, keeping fingers crossed) we are hoping to book a family (me, kids, parents etc) holiday to Lanzarote! Hopefully in February (big grin) - a good plan and something nice to look forward to.......

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ems, Just before I read your reply I was mentioning to my husband that I am so sore today. It's an all over bone pain, especially the ribs and back. I get this an awful lot and asked the doctor one time if I could be suffering from fibromyalgia as it is so similar to ME which I suffer from, but she said she thinks I have polymalgia. I looked into that and apparently it affects people over the age of 65. I'm only 45 so have a way to go lol. Doesn't surprise me in the least though, I've always been an awkward customer. It's what gets me through life lol.

It is so painful though. I really don't care what it is called, I just wish they could treat it.

Right, that's me had my moan for the day now too lol.

Heading to bed now, will be in agony in the morning,so watch this space for the moans and groans. See what you've started lol.

Here's a big ((((HUG))) from me too.

Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Little My - yes I had booked 2 weeks annual leave from 15th aug... this then turned into a mix of A/L and sick leave from the 17th as that's when chemo was booked for, in a weird convenient kind of way?! Yes i am due back next Wed but that's chemo#2 so I have booked 3 days sick leave to go back on the Monday after................. thing is its a new job an di wasnt technically entitled to lots of sick leave as was supposed to be on probation for 2 more months but they have waived that now plus I'd like to TRY to carry on as normal so will work as much I am able to but won't push my luck :)

I am heading over to that thread in a bit.... ;)

Christine - that sounds very painful!! My aches are in back and neck and elbows strangely enough... I got GP to prescribe co-codomol and ibuprofen, both 400/500mg... can you get those, are you allowed with whatever you are currently taking? Helps me!

Moan away, I'm great at that too, good to share the whinging LOL!

((((((HUGS TO ALL))))))

Ems xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx