Chemo #2 postponed until tomorrow...........

1 minute read time.

Had a call at 8.45am today ... white blood cell count too low to have chemo today but could I go in for an injection (first of 6) to ensure I could have chemo tomorrow instead?

Bloody hell!!! I'll be a pin cushion lol!

So I have these needles which i can self-administer for 6 days with Sat and Sun as a gap, so I did the first one at the hospital and was quite nervous as HATE needles but didn't feel a thing! There ARE good reasons for having my ''muffin top''!!

Doc confirmed the CT scan results - it is early stage 2A - in neck and a few towards chest - and she commented how much smaller my neck is already ... phew!!!

Then another nurse who works with research docs asked if I would agree to give more blood and allow part of my original biopsy to go for research, particularly as so many of my family have had cancer... yup I said.

My would was a bit red and weepy to a nurse took a swab to see if i will need antibiotics (why not have more drugs after all?!) and cleaned it up and put a dry dressing on instead of those see through ones which may have been making it sweat...

So, tomorrow instead now, inject myself in the morning, then off for round 2!!

I think that's what so annoying is that you can't really plan to do much, can you?? Never mind...

So, big hugs to us all, and try again tomorrow! :)) xxx

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh, Emziee, that reminded me that I also used to have mine before bedtime and painkillers as I had terrible back pain.

Hope when I look back on this page that all will have gone ahead. Its great being able to count them off....1 month down, 5 to go etc. :-)

xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hey, its tomorrow so hoping that all is going ahead ok and sending you a big hug xxxxxxx

Though why we wish for you to be stuffed full of chemicals I dont know ;o)

Stick to the gin I say!

Anyway, big hug to you my 'welsh  cariad'

Little My xxxx