Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Bowel Cancer Awareness Month 2014

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi, I’m Emma, a Content Channel Editor at Macmillan. I’m writing this blog to share a little of my own personal experience with you, and to hopefully help people reduce their risk of bowel cancer and be more aware of the symptoms.

Since joining Macmillan in December last year I’ve had a great insight into how Macmillan produces its cancer information – and I’ve not been disappointed! A dedicated team of around…

• Coping with a rare cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Being diagnosed with cancer is one of the scariest, most isolating experiences most people will ever go through. Following any cancer diagnosis, you might feel very alone, like nobody understands what you’re facing.  But if you’ve been diagnosed with a rare cancer, these feelings of isolation can be even more difficult.  This blog contains some tips for coping with a rare cancer, which we hope will help.

1…
  • Running the London Marathon for Macmillan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi readers! I'm Abi. I'm an Editor in Macmillan's Cancer Information Development team and I also manage this blog. But recently, I’ve been doing my bit for Macmillan outside of work too, by taking part in the London Marathon – did anyone else take part in this event yesterday? Share your photos on Facebook and Twitter and make sure you tag Macmillan!

Why the marathon?

There are a few reasons…

• Do you look after someone with cancer?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You may say ‘I'm just being their husband, partner, daughter, friend ...' but if you're looking after someone with cancer – there is support available for you.

If you look after someone with cancer you may not think of yourself as a carer. Yet the support you provide is vital: from helping with shopping, dressing, or taking them to the hospital, to being there when they need to talk. We know that…

• Prostate cancer and higher risk groups

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You might have noticed that this month was Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. I think awareness events are great for getting people talking and thinking about cancer, but it’s also important to keep up the conversation. Prostate cancer is the most common type of cancer in men. Over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year. So we can’t afford to forget about it after the awareness month ends. It’s important…