Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Cervical Screening Awareness Week 15th–21st June

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog, Rebecca tells us about her cervical screening experience and gives us information on the importance of these screenings.

Rebecca’s experience:

‘After putting off my screening test for far too long, a conversation with a friend prompted me to book the appointment. The test itself was fine but a couple of days afterwards, my GP called and asked me to come in. At that point I knew it wasn’t good news. …

• Cancer prevention – what you can do

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog Elissia discusses how you can help reduce your risk of getting cancer by making positive lifestyle choices. 

By the end of 2016, a thousand people will be diagnosed with cancer each day. This is a shocking statistic, but there are things you can do to help reduce your risk of getting cancer and to make sure you’re diagnosed as early as possible.  

Make a change

Whether you love soaking up the sun, might…

• An intern at Macmillan – Holly

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Below, our lovely intern Holly writes about her time at Macmillan.

Having been an intern with Macmillan for the past 12 weeks, my time here is sadly drawing to an end. I've been working within the Cancer Information Development team, who produce and edit information for people affected by cancer.

I have completed a couple of internships before, but Macmillan has definitely been the most rewarding experience for me…

• eBooks are now available on be.Macmillan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We are very excited to announce the release of our new eBooks! These can be downloaded straight onto your smartphone or tablet to be read or listened to at your convenience.

We now have our top titles live on the Be.mac site as eBooks, with many more being released over the coming weeks. You can view or download them here.

By providing our information in even more accessible formats, we hope that we can reach more people…

• Top tips for avoiding infection during and after cancer treatment

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog our Cancer Information Development Nurse Teresa discusses ways to avoid infection.

Some cancer treatments can affect your immunity and make you more prone to infections. It’s natural that this might cause concern. But there’s a lot you can do to reduce the chance of getting an infection during and after cancer treatment.

The treatment most likely to reduce your immune system is chemotherapy. There…