Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Check your risk of breast cancer during Breast Cancer Awareness Month

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In our latest information team blog, Amy-Louise looks at how to check your risk of breast cancer during Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Each year, about 50,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer in the UK. It is more common in women who are 50 and over, but can also affect younger women. Breast cancer can also affect men, although this is rare. About 350 men are diagnosed with…

• The 25th World's Biggest Coffee Morning

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This year marked the 25th World’s Biggest Coffee Morning. That’s 25 years of guzzling coffee, munching cake and raising a whole lot of money for Macmillan.

As always, the Cancer Information Development team was out in force doing our bit - by that we mean eating more than our fair share of the sweet stuff! We were in various locations to support coffee mornings and say a big thank you to everyone involved…

• My internship experience

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We loved having our brilliant intern Amy-Louise in the team this summer. As she prepares to return to her studies, she looks back on her time with us.

Image of information team intern Amy-Louise

As my internship with Macmillan comes to an end, it seems as if the summer has flown by. I’ve been working with the Cancer Information Development team since July, and feel that I have learnt so much and gained so many transferable skills in such a short space of time…

• Thyroid cancer awareness

FormerMember
    FormerMember

September is thyroid cancer awareness month and, before the calendar ticks over to October, we wanted to share some key facts about thyroid cancer and suggest some places for more information and support.

What are the key facts about thyroid cancer?

Thyroid cancer is an uncommon cancer. Around 2,700 people are diagnosed each year in the UK. Women are more likely to get thyroid cancer than men.

There are different types…

• Childhood cancer awareness

FormerMember
    FormerMember

September is childhood cancer awareness month. In this blog, our information team volunteer Nisrin looks at getting the information and support you need when your child has cancer.

Support when your child has cancer

No one wants their child to be ill, so when you are told that your child has cancer, your whole world will probably seem like it’s caving in. You may feel numb, or in physical pain. The emotions you feel can…