Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• 2015 Cancer Information Development team highlights

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In our final blog of the year, Head of Cancer Information Development Anna Leibowitz looks back at some of our key projects in 2015...

2015 has been a very busy year for the information team. Everyone has worked hard to produce even more information for people affected by cancer and to make our information accessible and available to as many people as possible.  As the year comes to an end, I just wanted to remind you…

• Cancer at Christmas: Top tips on helping someone with cancer during the holidays

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In our latest blog, editor Sofiane looks at ways you can help and support someone with cancer at Christmas...

The idea of Christmas usually conjures up positive memories of tradition and family togetherness. For some, Christmas is about perfecting that ultimate festive dinner or hearing that one song that draws them into the holiday mood instantaneously. And perhaps, for others, it’s simply about binge-watching their…

• Genes and cancer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

If several members of your family have had cancer, you may be worried about your own risk and whether you have inherited a cancer gene. In this blog, our editor Elissia explains more about genes and cancer.

What are genes?

We inherit genes from our parents. Everyone has two copies of each gene – one from their mum and one from their dad.

There are genes in every cell in our body. They contain the information a cell…

• Coping at the end of life

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In our latest blog, our editor Imogen looks at ways of coping at the end of life and where to find support and information.

Christmas can be a time of love, support and celebration with family and friends. But this expectation can make it a difficult time of year, especially if you are nearing the end of life.My wife and I have been able to communicate about it. We have to be able to talk about death, dying and cancer and what it means for her future. I just want to know that she will be ok and be supported.

Whether you’ve just been told that the end of life is near or you’ve known for a while, it can be…

• Pancreatic cancer awareness month

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's a busy time of year for cancer awareness as November is also pancreatic cancer awareness month. Around 8,800 people are diagnosed with this type of cancer in the UK each year. In this blog, our editor Elissia gives you some key facts about pancreatic cancer, including risk factors, signs and symptoms, and where you can get more support.

What is the pancreas?

The pancreas is part of the digestive system. It has…