Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Pancreatic cancer - what are the signs and symptoms?

November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. Around 10,500 people are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in the UK each year[i]. In this blog, Content Channel Editor Tania, talks about some of the signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer.

What is the pancreas?

The pancreas is part of the digestive system. It makes digestive juices called enzymes, and hormones including insulin. Hormones act as chemical messengers in the…

• How often do you check yourself for mouth cancer?

How often do you check your mouth? With the incidence of mouth cancer on the rise, checking your mouth once a month might just save your life! Our cancer information nurse Samantha Chilton explains how and what else you can do.
  • Finding cancer information you can trust

What time does the café in the park open? Is the latest book by my favourite author any good? What movie have I seen that actor in?

For many of us, our first instinct when faced with everyday questions like these is to search the internet. And thanks to the devices in our homes and pockets, it’s never been easier or faster to find the answers.

But how do you know if you can trust what you’re reading? Especially…

• Lung Cancer Signs, Symptoms and Treatments

Most people have heard of lung cancer but may not know that there are different types. Did you know there are plans in the UK to introduce a screening programme for people at a high risk of developing lung cancer?
  • Choosing bras after breast surgery

Knowing where to start when looking for the best bra to wear after your breast cancer operation can be challenging. Our cancer information nurse looks at some crucial considerations when choosing a bra post-surgery.