Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Blood Cancer Awareness Month - Signs and symptoms

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This blog has been revised to ensure up to date and relevant information.  Follow this link for the latest content on Blood cancer awareness.

• International Literacy Day

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sunday 8th September is International Literacy Day. It's a great opportunity to raise awareness about improving literacy rates and people's ability to read and understand health information.

In this blog, our Information Materials Researcher, Sue, talks about how we check the readability of our resources for people living with cancer and how you can find out how easy to read a booklet is.

16.4% of adults in…

• How we review our cancer information

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Here in the Cancer Information Development team, we produce around 140 booklets and leaflets and over 200 webpages for people affected by cancer. Today in the blog, we’re talking about our volunteer and professional reviewers who make a huge contribution to the work we do in our team and the information we produce.

Our volunteer reviewers
    Our team works with a pool of around 200 volunteer reviewers who provide…

• National Allotments Week - The benefits of gardening

FormerMember
    FormerMember

It's National Allotments Week! National Allotments Week was developed as a way to raise awareness of allotments and the role they play in helping people to live healthier lifestyles. In this blog, content developer Richard talks about some of the benefits of having an allotment when you have cancer.

Although I don’t have an allotment, I have fond childhood memories of pottering around on my dad’s. We’d spend many hours…

• World Breastfeeding Week - Cancer and breastfeeding

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Today is the first day of World Breastfeeding Week. This blog, written by our information development nurse Teri, outlines when it may or may not be possible to breastfeed after having cancer treatment. It also looks at what breast changes to look out for while breastfeeding.

Many mothers choose to breastfeed due to the health benefits for both mum and baby. Breast milk not only protects the baby from infections and…