Neuroendocrine Cancer Awareness

• Glass half full or half empty?

imagesCUMVAGSQ

Most people have probably heard of the saying “is your glass half empty or half full”.  If you said ‘half empty’, you are said to have more of a pessimistic view on life; if you said ‘half full’, you tend to have more of an optimistic or positive outlook.

Personally I would go for half full every time.  However, I don’t think a positive outlook actually means you permanently wear …

• Exercise is Medicine

I suspect we all know exercise is good for us but it does sometimes take quite a bit of effort to get out there and do some! Apparently the older you get, the harder it becomes (I can confirm this is true!).  I did write about this in 2014 (Exercise - it's a free prescription).  In fact, my blog  was actually created to document my return to fitness and good health 12 months ago!

I was prompted to write this blog after…

• Please flush after use!

In the past 12 months, I've read so many stories about the quite natural act of using a toilet (some more repeatable than others), I think if there was a Bachelor of Science degree in Toiletry, I would pass with First Class Honours.

I jest clearly but it's strange that such a routine activity for most can actually become quite scientific in the world of my own type of Cancer - Neuroendocrine Tumours.  I suspect…

• Early NET Cancer Diagnosis – how early is early?

10711038_813112818731600_2929378673711612179_n

It goes without saying that the sooner any cancer can be correctly diagnosed, the better chances of a complete cure for the person concerned.  However, some cancers are easier to diagnose than others.  One of the key issues associated with the correct diagnosis of Neuroendocrine (NET) Cancer is the vague symptoms which may be mistaken for other diseases and routine illnesses.  Moreover, this may go on for many years.  The…

• Not every illness is visible

I personally don’t see myself as ‘disabled’ but I do have an invisible illness. I’m fit, can walk for miles, I even look quite healthy.  However, I live with the consequences of Neuroendocrine Cancer. These consequences differ from person to person but I know that some people with this disease have even met the criteria to be officially classed as ‘disabled’ through government schemes.  Judging…