Dave has his ultrasound and biopsy today !!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minute read time.

Well the day has finally come.

It feels like we have waited for months since his oncology appointment, but in reality its only been weeks. In them weeks we have yet again worn ourselves out with the worry and stress. Have not done it conciously either, but we know by this afternoon we could sleep for England and feeling totally drained.

He had a strange lump appear before Christmas last year which turned out to be nothing, so hoping for the same result this time. Dave said this one feels different though?

He has been moving my fridge magnets around, soppy ones that we have bought each other over the years as little love tokens. My favorite one has a picture of a beautiful red rose with the words "I made a wish and you came true"  which I bought him when he had his op in 2009. He has come a long way since then and he battles every day for me. THANK YOU MY DAVID X

Every day he has told me he isn't worried about it, it is what it is. Every day I could see that worry build up in him, both been a bit snappy for the last few days with each other even though we try hard not to be.

After his horrendous op he said he would never go through that again, being with him 24/7 I could fully understand his words and have always said I would go along with his wishes (not that I want to lose my David, ever) as its been a hard road to recovery for him personally. He fell asleep on the settee about 6 last night and never woke until 9.30, probably the best sleep he has had since his inner ear trouble. But again the emotional and physical stress is getting to him.

What with the depression he has been  fighting for months and now this, it feels like someone really hates us, but I guess you all have those moments.

Oh well another dawn is breaking as i write and we live to fight another day along with the rest of you. Heres to better days for all of us xxx

Just pulled up in hospital car park for them to ring and cancel. Gutted for him.

Got straight on phone to Debbie (his cancer nurse) and left a message to see if she can arrange it at another hospital as Medway not sure if it can be done before his next oncology appointment on 2nd August .

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

4.15pm 19th July,

Hooray, hospital have just rang to appologise yet again and have booked Dave in next Tue at 12pm. More waiting but at least they sorted it today. Ranting at them and getting Debbie on to them has paid off.  Must do the rant more often :)

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a day you have both had ! I do hope that your nurse can get another appointment sorted out quickly, cancellations and delays don't help much at all - keep us posted and take care. Love, Joycee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a very emotional post.

I really feel for you both, having the appointment cancelled at such a late stage. It is quite shocking really, treating a cancer patient in such a manner.

I hope Dave manages to get something very soon.

Much love, Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Joycee & Christine

Thanks for your messages and as you can see another appointment has been made.

Think they could do with an arse kicking at times.

Hope all your appointments stay at arranged times and not have to go through this crap. (sorry just wound up still).

Shaz ((((((((((XXXXXXXXXXXXXX))))))))))))

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hello Shaz. Glad that Dave has got another hospital appointment for next week - I do hope that this one goes well as you have both had enough stress for the moment. Fortunately all my follow-up checks have gone to plan, good job as we have to plan an hour's travelling each way. Best thing for Dave and yourself is to try and get a relaxed evening and an early night - just unwind from the strains of today and take care. Love, Joycee xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Nannyb,

You see what happens when you speak your mind. The wheel starts turning . Good Luck to Dave for next Tuesday.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx