Cutting hair

Less than one minute read time.
Well a conversation at tea has blown me away ...........My eldest son who is 23 and AS has said if his dad is too loose his hair .He will loose his too. well this is the lad that only had it cut once or twice since he was 15 yrs old. So his hair is long. He now wants me to find out about it being cut and sold for wig making .... nanaboo
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Nanaboo,

I want to share a similar story although our son's hair was not so long.  I had considered shaving mine after obtaining an okay from my 10 year old grandson.  Last week when JimTW woke with hair in his mouth and large patches left on the pillow he knew it was time to address the situation and felt very low about the loss.  As luck would have it, two close friends stopped in to check on their dear friend and could sense his turmoil.  They took charge and rounded up our son to join them and stated they would all go along for a professional haircut in support.  Off they went to the local barber finding 3 empty chairs and 3 barbers chatting.  Suddenly the chairs were full and the barbers were taken by surprise when they all were requested  to buzz it all off.  They waited for the fourth cut and answered the question of the barbers; why?  Once they explained the barbers termed it a Support Haircut and were delighted to share in the event.  The four buzzed heads were all smiling turning a painful task into an occasion to be remembered.  The Barber Shop has requested a Photo to place on the wall commemorating the event.  

I will put the picture up later for all to see.  Meanwhile, God Bless your son!  We have been adamant that our son keep hair on his head, I had to approve this opportunity for him to shave his off although we hope he will grow it in soon.  The job is done and I was spared.  What wonderful friends we have.

JoyTW