from day one

2 minute read time.

Hi all thi is the story so far 

1st jan 2011    James took ill had pain in his chest called nhs 24 to be told its prob muscular had it a few days then dissapeared 4 weeks later it came back again went to the doctors who took blood test and sent for chest x-ray rsults came back 1 week later normal so thought nothing of it .

7th april 2011  back to the docs again as hes loosing weight and no feelin the best pain back again more blood tests done week later get a call from doc to make appointment in between times he starts to have      bad back pain so we end up to the docs before he gets results of blood test , the doc said his blood test were a bit high with some of them and have been for sometime she wanted him to see heomatologist never got the chance .

18th april 2011  James took it upon himself and went to our local a&e due to back pain and that is the day our life changed . after receiving his back x-ray they noticed that one of his bones in his spine had totaly disintigrated they said it was somekind of infection and that he was going for a ct scan the next day .

19th april 2011  james had ct scan this morning , at 16.20pm we were sat down and told the bad news that James had cancer it was in his spine , liver and lungs shocked wasnt the word he remained in the hospital till the 22nd only to return on the 25th so they had a bed for him so that he could get his liver biopsy 

28th april 2011  James had his biopsy this morning all went without complications just to await results  

29th april 2011  James home now woohoo 

6th may 2011   through to the western in edinburgh for results of biopsy we were told they have not finished yet but it looks like melanoma told us they were not 100 % sure but were bout 90% told us a bit about it but dont think we could take it in all at once to much they did say its very rare as it has bypassed the skin and went to the liver . another week of waiting 

13th may 2011  back to see oncologist they are 100% sure that its metastatic melanoma devasted isnt the word went through all his treatment and what will happen just to await appointment to start 

15th may 2011 James taken into hosptial in severe pain doc at home thinks it could be appendix he has a high temp and cant bare to be touched . gets better but still in pain they think its been a bleed in his liver 

20th may 2011  First doze of chemo today all went well felt fine throughout 

24th may 2011  james high temp blood count high infection more tests cant find out were infection is very tired 

31st may 2011  James finaly home after 2 weeks in hospital doing okay for now still in pain and having trouble walking 

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi jinty just read your blog and commented bless you both hun its such an awful thing for you all to be going through and i wish james all the best with his chemo i have secondary mets in my liver went in with sceptacaemia and ended up being told i have cancer so i know exactly the awful shock it is to everyone come from alloa originally been in london 21 yrs and thought i was doing well now the kids are grown up and now this you just have to stay so positive im so trying just finished 6 doses of chemo now the dreaded scan so enough about me just to say we are all here for you both its such a wonderful site i dont know what id have done without it so stay strong both of you cancer can go take a bloody hike we have no time for it in our lives how dare it !!! love and hugs to you both jen xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Jinty,he just read your blog my heart goes out to you both and the family,hope the chemo does its job ,my Pete as been on chemo on and off for 6 yrs,like rest of the mac friends try and keep strong and positive.Hugs Chris.xx