unconditional love you can never return

that was another thing that i had to learn

i learned it with pride coz i love you so much

i wish i could feel again your so gentle touch

love you and miss you every day mumxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlins

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember
    Thank you so much for your kind replies it really does mean a lot. My greatest support has been my lifelong friend from university. He was diagnosed with a brain tumour a few months ago. Had surgery and now on a month break from radiotherapy and chemotherapy. He doesn't live close by but he is coming to stay with us next Friday and we have had a really good time planning all the things we are going to do together - which mostly seems to involve food as the steroids have given him a phenomenal appetite ! I even ordered a brand new bed for the guest room today so that's given me something to think about. Until you have had personal experience of how this disease wreaks havoc I don't suppose I can blame people for not understanding. I also think it brings out people's fears which they find hard to cope with. Lins/ rose - you are both spot on As the days tick on I do realise how fortunate we were that he did not suffer for long. I took my dad for his scan ( he had started to get confused all of a sudden ) and even before the results I just knew. It was awful watching him deteriorate so very fast that i wondered how I would get through each day, never mind months or years. The thought that he would know how much we were suffering too crippled me. There are hideous memories that haunt me. The breathing, the noise of the syringe driver but In the end he stayed at home with his pet cat snuggled up in bed with him and he went peacefully. For that I am very grateful. Xxx