Tuesday December 21st - What can I say about my boss?

1 minute read time.

Anyone who has kept up to date with my blogs will know I have given my boss a hard time in terms of how she has dealt with my absence from work since mum passed away.  You will also know that we met up on December 10th and she couldn't have been more supportive, struggling with wanting to let me grieve in my own way whilst doing her job as Head of the school. 

I've been doing a lot of crying over the past couple of days and have been touched by the kindness of my friends but never more so than when there was a knock on my door this morning and I was presented with a beautiful basket of Christmas flowers.  I opened the card to find that it was from my boss, Colette.  I text her to say thank you and she text back to say she just wanted me to know she was still thinking about me.  She also told me she has ordered a candle for me at midnight mass on Christmas Eve. 

So what can I say about my boss?   I should never have doubted her and feel so guilty that I did.  There are some lovely caring people in the world and she is one of them.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am glad you have found that your friend/employer is indeed supportive. I have been lucky so far and have loads of support from work especially since my dads rapid deterioration   - and have respected that can only handle texts and emails - keep crying when I have to talk. I hope that the kindness I have been shown I will be able to show others that need it. I hope you have a peaceful Christmas and New Year - may be too early to use the word happy - but I am sure it will return ....

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm so glad that things with your boss are good agian. Don't feel guilty - we all make mistakes when our judgement is clouded by grief. Thinking of you, Val X