Tuesday December 21st - What can I say about my boss?

1 minute read time.

Anyone who has kept up to date with my blogs will know I have given my boss a hard time in terms of how she has dealt with my absence from work since mum passed away.  You will also know that we met up on December 10th and she couldn't have been more supportive, struggling with wanting to let me grieve in my own way whilst doing her job as Head of the school. 

I've been doing a lot of crying over the past couple of days and have been touched by the kindness of my friends but never more so than when there was a knock on my door this morning and I was presented with a beautiful basket of Christmas flowers.  I opened the card to find that it was from my boss, Colette.  I text her to say thank you and she text back to say she just wanted me to know she was still thinking about me.  She also told me she has ordered a candle for me at midnight mass on Christmas Eve. 

So what can I say about my boss?   I should never have doubted her and feel so guilty that I did.  There are some lovely caring people in the world and she is one of them.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Ya,

Yes you have been through a rough time with your Mum. May she R.I.P.  But it goes to show that we can all make mistakes when we are depressed and under pressure. But you now know that you have more friends than you thought. Im glad you have a good boss and she has a good Friend.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Sarsfield.xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

D ont feel guilty Caroline, in times of stress it can be so easy to misinterpret people. Anything youve said in your blogs has been how youve felt at the time and shows us that even if we do have the best intentions - we may not reach those in pain.

This is a lesson to us all about how important it is to talk to each other, yes its hard to know what to say to someone coping with loss but something is better than nothing.

Enjoy the beautiful flowers for what they are - an expression of friendship and support . Thank you for sharing this with us as it may give others reason to reassess the actions of others.

Take care xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

So lovely to hear your friendship with Colette is back on track. You both lost your way for a while but true friends can always work things out.

Massive hugs

Maxine xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

HI Caroline

I am so glad that Colette has shown that your friendship is valued by her, and that she is there for you which is so important. I know that when communicating by email, we can all interpret things differently to how the writer intended, and you are not alone in this. All that matter is now, Colette has shown that she does care and you can be comforted by the fact that she will be there for you from now onxx Guilt is pointless, you have no reason to feel guilt, please do not beat yourself up over this. It's nice to know that friends can make us feel that bit betterxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Caroline

What a wonderful surprise, gesture of friendship and caring - enjoy.  Please don't feel guilty, you should feel proud as a lot of people would not have admitted their mis-judgement of people and that is exactly what you have done, well done you.

Love Jacqui xx