Saturday September 11th - Quite a peaceful day!

2 minute read time.

Do you ever get one of those days when you feel a sort of sense of peace?  I used to get them quite often but can't think when I last felt like that and yet today, for some unknown reason, that's how I've felt.

Mum and I had a lazy morning until my Godson Thomas arrived at around 10.  Thomas is such a lovely boy and really enjoys having a good chin wag with mum.  He sat down and proceeded to tell her all about school now that he's in Year 6 and, in particular, his project on Egypt; we now know everything there is to know about how the pyramids were built!

Thomas is 10 and when he was 5 he started dancing.  He loves dance with a passion.  When he was 8 some of the other boys at school started to give him stick about dancing and he stopped going.  I've always felt sorry that, at such a young age, he had felt the need to conform and give up the one thing he loved to do.  Earlier this summer I took him to watch a dance show at my friends dance school and he asked whether it would be possible to go there.  So this morning he went to his first street dance lesson in 2 years and boy did he enjoy it!  The dance school is 15 miles away so there's no fear of anyone from school finding out if he doesn't want them to.  It made me really happy to see the grin on his face the entire time he was dancing.  I also enjoyed spending some quality time with him on his own as, although I see him 3 or 4 times a week, his brother and sister, also my Godchildren, are usually with him and being younger get most of the attention. Afterwards we went to sainsburys and he helped me with the shopping.  So I'm already looking forward to next Saturday.

When I got home Kieran (Thomas's uncle) was in with mum having a coffee and a chat.  If you've read my previous blogs you'll know that my mum absolutely adores Kieran and he adores her.  Mum always goes for a nap at 2 so Kieran and I watched the Manchester United game.  Sadly with just a few minutes to go they gifted Everton 2 goals finishing with a draw!  Kieran is off out to an 18th tonight and it doesn't seem 5 minutes since he was born.

Tonight mum and I are chilling in front of the TV.  At the moment she's watching family fortunes and, obviously, you all know what I'm doing.  Mums legs are still weak but a bit better than they were on Thursday and Friday.  her mouth is still sore but perhaps slightly less than the last two days.  She seems brighter and I put that down to the boys.  She so enjoys their company and she can't help but cheer up when they're around.

Does that sound like a peaceful day?  I don't suppose it does and yet it has been!

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hope your mum feels better tomorrow Christine. Would think the hospital should be able to control her pain?

Bobs, I am so sorry for the loss of your dad today.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

your little godson dancing reminds me of my little grandson - he keeps singing and dancing - his latest is doing"shirlena" - release me !!!! omg - hes soooo funny .............. i sure hope thomas carries on with his dancing - another billy elliott maybe?

best wishes xNx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Caroline, mum was on a morphine pump, but was still in pain. She was much better today when I saw her. She won't be allowed out of bed till the physios have been to see her.

Best wishes, Christine xx